Sign in to follow this  
Remo

PVE alliance needs to be different from PVP alliance

I can understand limiting PVP alliance to max 2. But PVE is all about adding people to alliances so we can work together and meet new people. @devs consider this. PVE'ers dont fight we cooperate(except for griefers) , limiting alliance for us just shrinks the possible contacts we make ingame. Since a large part of PVE revolves around trading the more the merrier. Also setting up merchants to impersonally sell  your stuff to other players, in my opinion, is not a plus in PVE. It creates a middleman npc, that cuts out actually talking with someone, haggling to make a deal and meeting new people.

thoughts anyone?

Edited by Remo

Why do you need to be in alliance with someone to talk and trade with them ?

1 minute ago, Zlax said:

Why do you need to be in alliance with someone to talk and trade with them ?

You don't need to be but you either have to sail around everywhere asking for things on every server and hope for a response or you can ask in company/alliance chats if anyone is selling a thing. In PvE it's the difference between pulling out a phonebook every time you need to find another business to have some work done compared to collecting a stack of business cards from people that you have worked with before and asking your friends for recommendations for businesses they have worked with before. Crowdsourcing is a lot more efficient than doing everything for yourself.

It's a convenience thing. Not required but definitely makes trading easier. 

17 minutes ago, Zlax said:

Make a discord, faster better easier 😉

That takes you out of the game. The idea is that we should have the tools available to us in the game. It is also considerably better to do trades using the forums but that also requires you to get out of the game to interact with it. In PvE, alliances are the closest thing that we have to a friends list.

Realistically, outside of the alliance chat, what are the benefits of an alliance in PvE? Like seriously, just think about it. You can't friendly fire on other companies because there is no PvP. There aren't going to be build permissions to allow other people to build on your land because you don't own any land that you aren't personally building on. What are the benefits of a PvE alliance with the changes that they are making? If I am missing something please let us know because as it stands I can't see a reason to limit alliance member numbers or quantity of memberships on PvE.