Sign in to follow this  
WilliamGrayton

Just my take on the upcoming patch day

So this is my take on how things are going to happen when the new systems come at the end of march. These are only my opinions and understanding of the new systems from watching the Captain log and reading the notes.

With the next 3 weeks to plan I am sure more elaborate plans will come into play.

Players set the home spawn to the server they want to live in and spawn in. 
Step 1 From here its a mad dash to spam as my foundations / pillars as possible and kill all non friend/company member on site while leveling towards a Taxbank. 
       The foundations/pillars are to prevent other players from being able to place a Taxbank while you are trying to reach that goal.
       Large companies will have it easier since they will have more people to continually kill off any competition for the island. 
Step 2 Once island is claimed Set to company only then delete everyone else's buildings  and clean up your excess foundations and setup your own base area. 
Step 3 Reopen the island to public building and reap the tax rewards.

This of course is happening on every island on every server so the losers from each of the initial land grab will be behind the power curve and have to change the home spawn island and try for another island.
For the casual player on PVP there is still no chance to own your own land and you by default become sheep for the shearing only needed to add to the coffers of the elite to fund their upkeep so they can play and enjoy the end game without having to worry about the bills.

PVE all island become lawless foundation / pillar strewn eyesores where those late to the game will still have trouble making a home once all the large companies block off all points of building.

I guess time will tell but I am sure this is not far off from post patch reality

EDIT: But company size will be limited to 250 and hard caps on the number of claims you say.... This is where you will have multiple factions within the same old mega corp all allied all holding max claimed islands

Edited by WilliamGrayton