Sign in to follow this  
phelysarrian

My cobra story (hopefully last and always)

I could not bare these things no more so I took time to investigate their behaviour in order to understand what is aggroing them in my installations, how they do and so remove the aggro from their path.

1st clue -- I put all my tames (elephant, sheep, bears, chicken, cows) on the roof and removed all the structures inside (loom, tannery ...) but still got some aggro. Looking at what the cobra where doing, it seemed that they were coming at the wall taking few nips and then deaggro. While deaggro they were going back to wander around but then reaggro again. From there I checked LOS and noticed the elephant was just tall enough to match with the aggro pattern. So I surrounded my roof with walls 3 high and the aggro ceased. During that process I experienced that i was not aggroing behind wall and also not the structures.

2nd clue -- Then I put back a bear on the foundation below, where he used to be and the aggro started again but stopped when I put the bear back on the ceiling. So cobra aggro through walls.

3rd clue -- During that process a cobra aggroed and started to nip at a wood floor outside the walls and doing damage. It never stopped so I take that cobra will keep damaging anything as long as they do damage - tames, structures, players ... but not ships or what is in/on them.

4th clue -- At the same time another cobra which had no LOS with anything and was not aggroed started to attack stone wall and kept at it even not doing damage. After I killed the cobra that was doing damages the second one stopped aggroing - so cobra in the same vicinity will aggro collectively.

5th clue - During the process i got a cobra that managed to get on top of the first wall height and managed to get at tames a wall higher on my ceiling - so it does happen, I witnessed it.

Conclusion: i am keeping my tames at a 2 wall high level surrounded by wall high enough to hide anything that is inside. Locking all up on a PVE server does not make sense but I guess on this instance i have too ... (probably why that spot of land was free on the first place - previous owner must have had enough ...)

• Like 1