Sign in to follow this  
ReaperZeX

Wind directions...

Just wondering how you all feel about wind direction?..

I've been traveling in a specific direction to get were i want to go and the wind has been in the opposite direction for almost or over an hour.. 😞

I love it, personally.  There's a trick to moving against the wind that still allows you to maintain decent speed, just need to tack back and forth.  Remember that your sails move separately from the body of your ship.  It's actually fairly realistic, and I like that skillful sailing can get you out of serious jams if you're better at it than your opponent.

39 minutes ago, Revenant said:

I love it, personally.  There's a trick to moving against the wind that still allows you to maintain decent speed, just need to tack back and forth.  Remember that your sails move separately from the body of your ship.  It's actually fairly realistic, and I like that skillful sailing can get you out of serious jams if you're better at it than your opponent.

So what happened to me is the ships weight cap is 900LBS, i had 812 and it was pretty much not moving almost at all i had to drop 100LBS to about 700 and it started moving fast >.>... 2 hours in almost the same spot 😞

Oh, yeah.  That'll get you.  Good news is weight uogrades increase the amount you can have in your ship, and also decrease the effect weight has at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Oh, yeah.  That'll get you.  Good news is weight uogrades increase the amount you can have in your ship, and also decrease the effect weight has at the same time.

I didn't know having less than max by almost 100lbs would be almost incapacitating though i think that might be an issue ingame since 800/900 pretty much made it almost useless

WITH the wind in my favor that time 😞

Edited by ReaperZeX