Sign in to follow this  
ThunderGod97

Upkeep timer vs PVE Expiration Timer

So as someone trying to claim land, ANY land...I've been wondering, what's the difference between the Upkeep timer and the PVE Expiration timer?

Don't they serve the same purpose? Problem is, the times are vastly different on a lot of flags...so what is the difference?

Edited by ThunderGod97

I want to know this too. I went back and look at some of the claims and realize there is a difference. This may explain the confusion we're seeing in the forums where some people are saying people only have a few days with lots of claims but others are saying but everyone including those with 80+ have 20-days. The question is will players be able to claim the land when the timer expires or is the system bugged, thus everyone has 20-days.

5 minutes ago, TheSeer said:

I want to know this too. I went back and look at some of the claims and realize there is a difference. This may explain the confusion we're seeing in the forums where some people are saying people only have a few days with lots of claims but others are saying but everyone including those with 80+ have 20-days. The question is will players be able to claim the land when the timer expires or is the system bugged, thus everyone has 20-days.

This was my confusion. I was looking at the upkeep timer, then noticed the expiration timer. Upkeep seems to always be at like 20 days, whereas the expiration is at the values based on the number of flags. Since the upkeep timer was the thing that said I couldn't plant a flag, I assumed that's what the patch notes were referring to when talking about inactivity timer.