George Catcher

Endgame PVE? I don't get - HOW?

First of all - I'm NOT ASKING FOR HELP WITH IT. I play with just my brother and we resigned to the fact that those POWER STONES are not available to us. At least not the straight way (we actually don't know if we do really need them).

Today I went to golden age ruins at G3. I left all my crafted stuff and ships at base. Just took tiny sloop with swivel and 200 ammo and basic bow with 1000 arrows. My goal was just to look around, maybe lure to the ship and shot some monsters. I thought maybe I'll be able to climb to the ruins roof and kill one epic monster with my bow... (I didn't make it).

I spent couple of hours there.

And here what I noticed. There are tons of monsters 60lvl and higher. There are huge mystical creatures with huge aggro radius. And far from your ship - you just "dead man walking". Unless you find a safe spot. Every animal will kill you in 3 sec. Every mythical creature basically oneshot you. Your weapon and armor doesn't matter (I've tried to shot fire elemental and each my arrow did 3 damage. I have a "blue" bow in my base which is 130% damage so that would be a 4)

So... I just wonder. What it would looks like if I play in big group and we go there together?

I mean. There is no "tank" role in this game right? There is no such a guy who would gather and hold dangerous creatures. There is no healer role to heal "tank" also. So even with a big party - there only one fireball needed to make half of this party do naked run from ships bed.

Is this how DEV guys saw it? Army of naked people running from the ship to their corpses again and again? Naked people lure big monsters to the ship to slain them whit heavy firearms? Or it's just a game where alot of guys try to stuck monsters in textures and shot them from far away?

I mean - I just don't get it. How the big group suppose to handle all crazy stuff happening in golden age ruins?

My journey ended with... well I'll call it EA stuff : ) First - 3 fire elemental just stuck around my corpse. I couldn't lure them out (they just stuck and twitching into the mountains) so I lost my bow and 900 arrows. Then, before I scuttle my sloop I noticed a dragon over a sea. I sailed to him and then... I shoot all my 170 swivel ammo at him. He just staying there and did nothing. There were 4% of health left (I was out of ammo). I went ashore to craft another bow and arrows. I went back. I shoot like 40 arrows at him. He relocate himself after each hit. And then. When he was like 1-2% of health he just despawned : ))