Sign in to follow this  

Ok, so... I got all the powerstone quest stuff working on my server. Or at least, I assume. All the stone icons are where they should be, anyway - I'm nowhere near strong enough to take those islands on, though at this point I ought to maybe just ghost my way over and at least look. That's beside the point though.

Main problem now is.... enabling the Kraken requires you to have the Center Maw placed. Placing the Center Maw requires you to fill out the ExtraSubLevel field on that grid cell with the type 'EndBossLevel'.

Unfortunately, doing so seems to prevent all spawns across the entire cell, IF they are land spawns. Ocean spawns seem to work just fine.

Now.... this might not actually have been a problem for us offhand. As the server manager, I have no issue with simply enabling/disabling the boss as required for people who do the quest chain and want to fight it. But we've run into a biiiiiig problem.

We can't roll back the disabled spawning.

I dont understand why or how, because I can remove the Center Maw itself while leaving the discovery zones and symbol in place. That's easy. I've already done it - its a 20 second edit, really. The editor recognizes that there is no more 'EndBossLevel' on the map, and I've checked manual json edits and exported versions for anything remotely sounding like its related, and there's nothing. And yet, nothing spawns anywhere on land in that cell. At all. And yes, I've done a DestroyWildDinos to try and repopulate.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I watched a video where someone told that if you do 1 time "EndBossLevel" to a grid... there arnt spawning any mobs...even when you disable it. seems like an problem for many people who are doing dedicated servers..... i have a problem that no Bosses are spawning on any PVE island.... i got the powerstone markers on the island and when i admin spawn the bosses and kill them i can activate the altars... but i dont know why the bosses arnt spawning by there own... do you may have an answer?

On 1/26/2019 at 9:36 AM, Dread Pirate Ash said:

Ok, so... I got all the powerstone quest stuff working on my server. Or at least, I assume. All the stone icons are where they should be, anyway - I'm nowhere near strong enough to take those islands on, though at this point I ought to maybe just ghost my way over and at least look. That's beside the point though.

Main problem now is.... enabling the Kraken requires you to have the Center Maw placed. Placing the Center Maw requires you to fill out the ExtraSubLevel field on that grid cell with the type 'EndBossLevel'.

Unfortunately, doing so seems to prevent all spawns across the entire cell, IF they are land spawns. Ocean spawns seem to work just fine.

Now.... this might not actually have been a problem for us offhand. As the server manager, I have no issue with simply enabling/disabling the boss as required for people who do the quest chain and want to fight it. But we've run into a biiiiiig problem.

We can't roll back the disabled spawning.

I dont understand why or how, because I can remove the Center Maw itself while leaving the discovery zones and symbol in place. That's easy. I've already done it - its a 20 second edit, really. The editor recognizes that there is no more 'EndBossLevel' on the map, and I've checked manual json edits and exported versions for anything remotely sounding like its related, and there's nothing. And yet, nothing spawns anywhere on land in that cell. At all. And yes, I've done a DestroyWildDinos to try and repopulate.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Assuming there is no issue wiping the map, i'd go and delete the map file as i imagine there it's something in there that's been changed to disable spawns. Once deleted it will re-create on startup and assuming you don't have the config in your JSON anymore it should be fine. 

Obviously this does mean any structures etc would be deleted from the grid 😕 

The center maw grid on my cluster is currently empty, but i plan to add 1-2 islands on the outskirts that can be used as a neutral location for trade, farming and as a staging area to group up before heading to do the kraken. It's the only other uses i could think of for the grid so it's not a waste of space due to the lack of land spawns.

21 hours ago, Shadowsong said:

Assuming there is no issue wiping the map, i'd go and delete the map file as i imagine there it's something in there that's been changed to disable spawns. Once deleted it will re-create on startup and assuming you don't have the config in your JSON anymore it should be fine. 

Obviously this does mean any structures etc would be deleted from the grid 😕 

The center maw grid on my cluster is currently empty, but i plan to add 1-2 islands on the outskirts that can be used as a neutral location for trade, farming and as a staging area to group up before heading to do the kraken. It's the only other uses i could think of for the grid so it's not a waste of space due to the lack of land spawns.

I've been hesitant to actually attempt this without knowing for sure it's something in the .ocean files (which I'm assuming are the saved map data), given I know for a fact that certain things aren't actually saved in there, unlike in ARK. (For instance, character data is stored in some database, rather than as part of the map files). In fact, I don't actually think structures are saved in the .ocean files either.

Also, my base is on that cell, unfortunately. Though it wouldn't be that hard to evacuate everything to the south, as I'm on an island right on the edge. We've got weight-reduction mods for shipping crates, so I could probably do it with like a couple of schooners, just need to rebuild the actual structures.

25 minutes ago, Dread Pirate Ash said:

I've been hesitant to actually attempt this without knowing for sure it's something in the .ocean files (which I'm assuming are the saved map data), given I know for a fact that certain things aren't actually saved in there, unlike in ARK. (For instance, character data is stored in some database, rather than as part of the map files). In fact, I don't actually think structures are saved in the .ocean files either.

Also, my base is on that cell, unfortunately. Though it wouldn't be that hard to evacuate everything to the south, as I'm on an island right on the edge. We've got weight-reduction mods for shipping crates, so I could probably do it with like a couple of schooners, just need to rebuild the actual structures.

Yea if you've stuff there it does make it more difficult. i don't think there is anyway to tell for sure until you actually do it, most things are stored in the redis DB however it's not quite as straight forward as that from what i saw.

I had an issue where one grid stopped saving, (some lock or something) when i unknowingly rebooted it, it reverted back to the last saved version and rolled back the server. In a few cases, Redis had a players in their own grids where they were playing, but duplicates of their character (asleep) in this grid as they had been passing through at the time of that save.

So while redis may well hold the locations and data, the actual assets are still within the map file itself from what i can tell. I can't be certain but i'm pretty sure when testing previously i had wiped my redis DB numerous times which prompted me to make a new character, but previously created structures were still there.

Going to be a bit of a pain in any case, but i'd still go for a map file wipe as a next step.

try to delete the save data from the grid but make a recover from the save it can corrupt the redis  2.  you can do are replace the islands in server grid json  but ghost ships dont spawn after only on the islands

Edited by vioskeran