Sign in to follow this  
hillbllywsperer

Why cant you separate PVP from PVE??!!!!

WE are sick of you constantly nerfing everything we can actually have fun with because it is nto good for PVP. Fuck PVP. The people playing on PVE should not keep getting shit on because of the problems on the PVP servers. Get your shit together and separate the server types. BTW ANTHEM comes out soon, kiss alot of players goodbye, Im sure they are as sick of getting fucked over by you as I am.

• Like 2

Any game with ongoing development that has both pvp and pve modes will make those modes as similar as possible in order to limit the amount of work required to develop them. This isn't unique to Atlas or Ark or anything else. It's just the way game development is done. I'm not saying it's great, because I was pissed off about changes to City of Heroes that were made in 2004 for the sake of pvp balance which created major headaches in pve. I'm just saying it's not something you've got a snowballs chance in hell of convincing a development team, any development team, to change. 

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Any game with ongoing development that has both pvp and pve modes will make those modes as similar as possible in order to limit the amount of work required to develop them. This isn't unique to Atlas or Ark or anything else. It's just the way game development is done. I'm not saying it's great, because I was pissed off about changes to City of Heroes that were made in 2004 for the sake of pvp balance which created major headaches in pve. I'm just saying it's not something you've got a snowballs chance in hell of convincing a development team, any development team, to change. 

im pissed. I have 8 powerstones just got about enough gold to get the dragon to go for the 9th and boom, now its 40k and nerfed by 50% and the timer reduced by 2 hours. Its ridiculous.

Just now, hillbllywsperer said:

im pissed. I have 8 powerstones just got about enough gold to get the dragon to go for the 9th and boom, now its 40k and nerfed by 50% and the timer reduced by 2 hours. Its ridiculous.

But the Ghost ship and the monstrous whale will pretty much 1 shot any ship. Hows that fair. 

1 minute ago, hillbllywsperer said:

Yeah all I can tell you is not to expect anything to stay the same in EA. Especially with this bunch. I have zero expectation right now that pretty much anything will stay the same over time. Some stuff will, some stuff won't, but there is pretty much no way to know which is which.  All I can really do is warn you there is almost certainly gonna be a lot of more of this type stuff over time. Some of it might be reactions to pvp that affect pve, a lot of it will just be the developers trying different things to see what has what impact. You might be able to expect something approaching a stable game in about a year and a half with their stated EA timeframe of 2 years, but especially during the first year and with how this bunch doesn't seem to do much meaningful QA before pushing things out to us as testers, I just wouldn't expect anything but constant and unpredictable change.