Sign in to follow this  
Faka

Change home server does NOT work - Shows all unnoficial list (not only my servers)

Hey,

I had a 2x2 map (i used the example map that atlas gave us) and everything worked just fine. Now I created my own 2x3 map and when i respawn and i want to change home server (while dead) it shows me ALL THE UNNOFICIAL servers list, not just my servers.

Can anyone help me to fix it? I have been trying fo hours and I can't solve it my self. I will leave you my ServerGrid file so you guys can help me solve it!

https://pastebin.com/2v7azKFp

26065b7af1d6b46dc4f700aad83ca930-png.jpg

Chances are your ServerGrid.json, the map you are using, is incorrectly set up. Every cell of the grid needs to have a designated IP address and port setup. You also need the ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json file to have proper database targeting setup if you're running a cluster, and the map editor tool doesn't do that, you have to do it manually.

Edit: Yep. I see all your IP's and ports are the same for each cell. Now I realize someones trying to set up a tool to let you host multiples on the same machine so I can't speak to that, but normally those values all need to be different.

Edited by Dread Pirate Ash

1 hour ago, Dread Pirate Ash said:

Chances are your ServerGrid.json, the map you are using, is incorrectly set up. Every cell of the grid needs to have a designated IP address and port setup. You also need the ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json file to have proper database targeting setup if you're running a cluster, and the map editor tool doesn't do that, you have to do it manually.

Edit: Yep. I see all your IP's and ports are the same for each cell. Now I realize someones trying to set up a tool to let you host multiples on the same machine so I can't speak to that, but normally those values all need to be different.

I don't know what your are talking about. You can have more than 1 server in one machine without problem...

6 minutes ago, Faka said:

I don't know what your are talking about. You can have more than 1 server in one machine without problem...

I'm fairly sure this is not the case without the use of additional software. If its possible, I'm very much unaware of how to accomplish it.

Well, i have done it before but with a 2x2 map and it was working fine, so it isn't the problem

1 hour ago, Dread Pirate Ash said:

And also, ports are not the same foll all cells, all of them are unique

9 minutes ago, Faka said:

Well, i have done it before but with a 2x2 map and it was working fine, so it isn't the problem

And also, ports are not the same foll all cells, all of them are unique

Ah sorry, you're right, apparently the ports are different. Also, I was mistaking 'all on the same machine' as being a single instance of the game, where you're probably running several different instances, which ought to work. Idk why that didn't occur to me. Probably because im multitasking too much while trying to set up the powerstone quest for our cluster >.>