Lotus

Solutions for land.

My name is Lotus I am leader of Lotus from NA PvE. I started atlas with my brother and sailed for 8 hours before settling in the middle of the NE island of F11. Through diplomacy I made an alliance that the entire island joined. Eventually we merged. The SW island wanted to join the alliance too and they merged eventually. Our goal is to do the high end PvE content.The recent patch allowed me to have alliances set up so people can build on our land. I set up lots and give them a simple set of rules don't be toxic (racist, harass people, grief) and don't build on the special resources (metal, crystal). Basically we admin so that people can just play the game and have a good time. I have spread my diplomacy to other groups which would be good allies and possibly even more mergers. Well that was our plan but the patch today limits us to 100 land flags or our flags become weaker. So I ended up knocking down some of our flags in weird places (mountains in the tundra with no resources). I feel this is a slap in the face to the people that have come together in an MMO, the ally work together for PvE is very limited. My question is why would you give one group of people a disadvantage against another in a PvE setting? I am assuming because nobody has presented a good solution to the land problem.

Here is what I would do. 😄 (Also these arn't all my ideas)

1.) Rework upkeep. A companies territory should have a timer in each grid. Spending time in the grid adds to the timer. When somebody isn't in it the timer goes down. The owner counts as time in all grids. If somebody contests you just need to go to the zone and not look for the flag being contested just be in the zone. What does it do? The PvE is made to not fight other players, having to stop what you are doing to go hunt down a flag being contested is annoying. This will make it so tribes will be in the zone they have land in to keep the upkeep down.

2.) Rework contesting. If somebody runs across a territory while you are trying to claim it then it gets messed up. The solution would be to make it so it does not stop unless they place a flag down. This will make it easier to claim land when it is freed up.

3.) Remove the water claims that are not placed over water you can anchor in and make them normal sized. This will will make it so ocean claims don't cause interference to people's land.

4.) Sleeping bodies die after 3 days. I know of about 8 tribes that are gone just sleeping in their house holding land.

These things are fair and will help free up more land. I have other solutions too but these are the ones I would prioritize.

~Lotus

• Like 2