Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

suggestion Been playing Atlas for more than 2 weeks now and here are my suggestions...

1. I recommend that Grapeshot go over all of the skill trees and tweak them as many do not even produce anything useful and end up just being wasted skill points. I know that the Strong Arm tiers and Stealth do absolutely nothing no matter how many points are invested in them.
  2. Ships that are unmanned and anchored off coasts, should be flagged with immunity as there is NO PVP value only value to caustic griefers. this game forces players to travel to distant islands for experience and resource and does not have enough resources for traveling players to build ship barns just to keep vessels safe and players also need to sleep sometime.
  3. Skill trees need more depth with more rewarding and worthwhile abilities. Right now, every player seems the same. I know this is not necessarily true but the perception goes like this: Every player I have come across is naked, has a bow with flame arrows, grappling hook or climbing tool, and some gathering tools. The meta encounter is always the same...kite the other player with flame arrows while dodging theirs. I feel that skills should cost a lot more so that you are not able to go down so many skill trees. Force us to be unique and dedicated to a particular one or two tree-build. Also, there need to be more choices for armor, maybe different appearances of some items like Conquistadorial, English, German, Roman, native-tribal, and etc variants of the same kind of armor just to produce some uniqueness among players.
  4. There does not seem to be any worthwhile adventuring content short of treasure hunting or boss fights. How about adding more minions other than animals to the various islands that may spawn naturally without being triggered such as skeletons, drowned zombies, liches, giant spiders, gorgons, bandit pirates, blah blah...But as it stands right now, all of the treasure hunting triggered mobs are all the same boring encounters and the only danger on islands are the usual and borning spawns of wolves, yetis, lions, scorpions, and tigers.
  5. There needs to be a stone tier for the elevators as wooden ones are extremely frail and prone to perpetual griefing by other players.
  6. Spawning of wild-life within bases needs to be addressed as this is devastating to players and their precious time spent raising their tames only to lose them while offline.
  7. The explosive barrels need to produce an increased to their damage as it would take so much to destroy a single stone wall. This makes base raiding inland, away from ships very difficult and almost non-existent. Sure you can bring a cannon by horse or bear but again, cannon range is limited and some base designs are ingeniously honeycombed in layers effectively rendering cannons annoying to raid with.
  8. The claim system is broken and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. I suggest Grapeshot that you actually play your game and you will quickly discern what the issues are, as the issues are many. Players should be limited to only a few claims, they should NOT be able to claim entire islands and players logged off in their bases for more than a certain period of time should not prevent territory claiming. As it stands now, there is no available land left in the game to build on except worthless and foreboding lands and this is because players and large companies have the ability to spam a million claim flags effectively covering every inch of an island and often times numerous islands.
  9. Animal tames need to be stronger with increased abilities to improved barding and armor and stat values awarded per point being spent needs to be significantly increased. As it stands right now, pets are too frail to be viable.
  10. Grapeshot, there is a real problem with griefers being able to build stone pillars off ocean floor up to the water surface all over the shores and as unsuspecting ships run into them their ships are devastated. You really should look into this exploit.
  11. All islands, besides freeports, should be considered Lawless lands. The land is extremely limited already in the game and we need the real estate. Lawless lands the way they are currently makes absolutely no sense. How about you consider, removing the claim system and rapid decay system that Lawless lands experience now and just allow players to build anywhere within reason and let us place beds in our bases to respawn from?
Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1