Sign in to follow this  
killercrumpet

Cant play on my own server. everyone else can

so i setup my atlas 1x1 server, i  can see it fine in the list and anyone else can join it and play, but when i join the server my self from my gaming pc, not my atlas server pc which is another pc. i load into the game and as soon as i move or touch my mouse i get dc, if anyone has any idea what is stopping me from playing my own server. both my pc and server pc are wired not over wifi . 

Do not use the ports 27015 - 27030 for your Server :)  Change to other ports since this ports are needed by your steam client.

You need to change your server's default port or change your own client default ports in your saved/configs folder.

I am having a similar issue, my friends are having no issues playing on the server I am hosting from my house. I am able to connect to it and play for about 1 min then I time out and have to wait awhile before I can reconnect. Any ideas on how to fix this? Exactly where can I change the client port on my computer? I am not using any of the ports listed above that steam uses.

Atlas does not support to join local hosted servers. You need to do some tinkering. Like use loopback / NAT reflection.

Unless your router have NAT loopback enabled by default.

I am connecting using the server list from steam. It was working great for the last week but we decide to create a new map and since then I am not able to stay connected for more than 30-60 seconds before it times me out.

I had this same issue, turned out my router did not support Nat loopback, I changed routers and have had no problems since.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:00 AM, killercrumpet said:

so i setup my atlas 1x1 server, i  can see it fine in the list and anyone else can join it and play, but when i join the server my self from my gaming pc, not my atlas server pc which is another pc. i load into the game and as soon as i move or touch my mouse i get dc, if anyone has any idea what is stopping me from playing my own server. both my pc and server pc are wired not over wifi . 

Have you tried -Multihome?