Sign in to follow this  
Undeadsurvivor

Company notifications

Company notifications such as when a ship is sunk/destroyed, or when a pet is killed should be displayed regardless of whatever tile server you're on. It's very painful to be out on an expedition to come back to the destruction of your entire fleet because you decided to go out and explore a little. It could also be a toggle since larger companies might spam messages more.

It's one thing to be attacked when all the company's members are offline. As that will happen, that doesn't bug me. It's the fact that a good chunk of us were actually on, but no one knew we were being attacked. And due to not being notified, we lost two brigantines, 1 schooner, 4 sloops, 3 wolves, 1 bear, and several npcs.  Had our company received a single Animal/NPC death or sunken ship notification.. we could've easily came back & protected our base, & ultimately probably rescued 3/4ths of the ships in our fleet. (Thankfully, one member returned right as they were breaching our gates to notify us). 

I know there are other things we can do to prevent this in the future such as having NPCS man mortars & set their behavior to aggressive, or just leave someone online all the time at home base, but neither of those options are very convenient. The person stuck at home is basically look out, and that's not a very fun job.

I know this comes off as gripe, and I definitely play on the NA PVP server strictly for PVP, but this would be an easy quality of life change for basically everyone.

Devs, if you're reading this I still love this game. I've already got over 300 hours logged on steam already & it's greatly affected my sleeping schedule. You've done a good job pushing out steady quality of life improvements for the players & I do appreciate all your efforts. Even though this game is unforgiving at times, and our luck in particular has been pretty bad, overall my company and I have had made great memories together playing.

~Please consider this suggestion from one dedicated gamer, to another.