Sign in to follow this  
GunnyTheGrey

Patch Prioritization- Tame Deletion and the Dram of Retaming

There are obviously quite a few things that still need work. But most of them are relatively easy to live with. However, I'd like to comment on the consistency of tames just being deleted or taken for various buggy reasons, and how it has become the single most draining part of playing Atlas, to emphasize that these various issues should be looked at with a higher priority than bugs which cost the players less or happen less frequently:

Every day I log in, my raised up base (6 walls high) has been wiped by wilds. It is enclosed, off the ground, and no less than 6 walls high at any point. Yet snakes spawn into it anyways and kill everything.

Everytime I go sailing, I expect to lose at least 2 tames to them clipping into a ceiling, wall or plank, and then simply being deleted in front of my eyes because that's how they "boarded" the boat.

Everytime I go sailing, I have to rip a new hole in my Galleon, because an elephant or bear wound up below deck, and only 1/2 the time can I actually glitch them back out of it.

Basically, I have to tame 2 elephants, 2 rhinos and 2 bears every single day. For the past 9 days. Because each pair will undoubedtly die no matter what I do: build a boarding platform to prevent the glitchy boad, then they just lag/pop into a ceiling while sailing and get deleted anyways. Snakes in base? Raise it up 6 walls high. Still snakes in base. Build over the ocean (my entire base is now a giant 1,000 ceiling pier), still snakes in base. Etc. Tames are just constantly lost and deleted.

And honestly.. I've rebuilt ships. I've rebuilt gear. I've even remade whole characters. None of that has been as consistent as the DAILY ROUTINE of replacing every single tame to all kinds of glitchy messes. And if there was one thing to cause an extended break from this game, it's going to be the need to retame everything daily due to constant and nonstop glitches killing everything off no matter what I do about them.

I am sure I am not alone in this. And that's kind of the point.

• Like 1