Sign in to follow this  
hermyt

Redis records on player location?

Greetings,

Has anyone done much with this yet?

I've pulled open the redis database and I wasn't able to identify specific player location information on there.  There's an 'entityinfo' table that contains ships and has their x/y coordinates and which server they're on.  This could likely be used to identify when players are close to transition boundaries if you wanted to setup a system to dynamically spin up neighboring servers as players approach transitions.  

But I didn't notice player specific location information in x/y format.  Does anyone know if a player can swim across a transition boundary?  I mean we generally assume you're going to be on a boat but what if a player lost his boat in the ocean and attempted to swim across the transition boundary, the actual player x/y location I didn't find in the database so this might be an issue if its in there in a blob or something odd like that.

Another question, if you have a player offline, can you edit things like server location records in the redis db and bump the player or his boat to another server?

I think x,y position is actually in the world save file. However in the Database under playerserverinfo should be a list of the players which contains the ID of the server they are currently on. How they maps out to the server grid I'm currently unsure.

Yea it does have the players server grid location, and it has the x/y locations for entities (boats) but not the actual players that I can see.  

@survivalI used redis desktop manager https://redisdesktop.com  You just use the port and ip address you setup and if you changed the password for the redis database you'll need that too.

More or less a standard visual database access tool.

• Like 2