KIlestera

Breeding is a bit too much...

The breeding in Ark used to be every 3-4  hours to imprint and the time was never consistent. For a long while people told the devs that the imprints needed to be adjusted to real life people schedules. What I mean by this is that a person needs approx. 8 hours of sleep. People with jobs could not raise babies without taking time off of work. The imprinting times were finally adjusted to be 8 hours apart and be pretty consistent in that aspect. Finally, someone could sleep normal times and not wake up ever 3-4 hours or take time off of work to do something they wanted to do in a game.

The breeding in Atlas has kept that 8 hour imprint timer; however, they have added in a different mechanic so that the kid constantly wants the temperature around it changed. This aspect does not go away while the baby is growing. If you go to sleep, expect the kid to be dead. A game should not be encouraging bad sleeping habits and this was said with Ark's old breeding system as well (before the 8 hour imprint timers and food consumption reductions). It is a game, I get working hard for something but forcing people to stay awake for days straight is absolutely ridiculous if they want to raise a kid.

I suggest removing this mechanic from Juvenal and till it is full grown. The baby phase it requires food put into the baby's inventory, people are going to be closely watching them anyway so having the temperature mechanic would not be that much of an issue. Yes you could swap shifts with people, but it should not be this stressful to simply play a certain part of the game. People want to experience the raising of animals, let us do this more comfortably! Let us know that our hard work with a stressful baby phase is worth it once it hits that Juvenal phase. Please look into balancing this system better devs. People need sleep and encouraging bad sleeping habits or in this case no sleep at all is not a healthy way for anyone to be playing a game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've touched on this a bit myself, the temperature requirements are beyond realistic, if you surrounded a Colt IRL with 20 campfires to keep it warm during the cold it would probably die of a heart attack because horses are scared of fire.

I mean it is the same for any creature no creature is going to want to be around fire of any amount.

Penguins do no good being as they only adjust for one temperature range and there is no counter for the other temperature range other than fire.

I realize they are probably proud of it but honestly babies and tames are already hard enough they didn't need an extra mechanic to make it "more engaging" all it has done is made me quit playing every time i try to breed because i get the baby to Juvenile maybe once every other time it dies.. they never live to even imprint once much-less get to adulthood.

At this point I would say the best bet is to completely remove it from the game till you give us better options to maintain temperature better.(IE not have to baby sit it the entire 24-48-72 HOW many ever Hours it is per creature type)

Also adding in things like heat and cold waves knowing full well maintaining temperature on babies without that is impossible as is..

It honestly seems given everything being added and all the changes being made with tames in general that you have no intention whatsoever to make tames even be remotely worth the effort required, that breeding is a giant middle finger to anyone that came from ARK because of the taming and breeding being in this game as well(only to find out you thought ark was bad, but wait there's more introducing worse taming mechanics, worse stat ups, constant re-scaling to make them even worse than before, breeding that is so bad it makes you want to shoot yourself(good thing you can shoot company players and hang them because you can do just that after attempting to breed anything)

I appreciate the thought and effort put into the game but there is a lot of things that clearly were not tested before pushing the Early Access, while yes it is up to your players to give feedback during this stage, its also important to occasionally admit you messed up and will make changes accordingly to provide better game-play and make people enjoy the game not rage log every time you are 5+ hours into a baby just to have it die to something you can't control.

I am sorry if this post seems saltier than my others but i am at about my wits end with the parts of the game i came for and enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Babysitting a baby bear for temperature four hours long might me somewhat possible, but
the temperature influence should end with juvenile status as there is no automation like air condition.
Baby bears shoulld have a much wider range than 7-19 °C. mIght count for other creatues as well.

Very unpleassant to spend the whole night to see theat it simply can't be done.
You should remove that sadistic unhealthy person that implements such stuff from your team at all.
It might be the same sociopath that did it with ARK.

Still not sure if it is worth breeding at all if an alpha wolf/bear/lion can 1-2 hit a high level tame to death.
The funniest thing is that wolves and lions agro very close after render distance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is the thing the way they have tames and wild creatures setup, taming and breeding is completely pointless, sure they may be "strong in PvP" for anyone that does not realize a swift head-shot will make most tames die in one shot.

Pretty much alphas need some extreme reworking, but they may not do that since they were super lazy and alphas are not even a separate entity, they are the default creatures with a chance to spawn as an alpha its literally just a check mark on the creature in the dev kit.

They should rework the alphas to be a different blueprint and thus set their stats to be reasonable since they spawn at such absurd levels, which contributes to how hard they are to fend against.

• Thanks 1

In the last 3 days I have spent over 20 hours attempting to raise bears and it may be possible, but I have not had success (maybe if i could manage to just stay awake for 3 days straight it might work) Fix your game guys, this is not fun....

Of course the devs/community leaders never responded to this, because they do not intend to do anything but let us suffer..