Ector

NPC ships to sink with loot

Wouldn't it be nice to have another way to get resources rather than just constant farming? What if on the water instead of just SoTD everywhere there was also fully manned NPC crew ships of adjusted levels, After successfully sinking one of said ships you could gain a decent amount of resources that would be generated at random, 1k metal/500 gems/2k wood etc. Currently with the SoTD a loot chest may contain some blueprints and literally a berry or two but no kind of considerable worth it loot. This would incentivize actually getting on the water and pirating and not just endless farming where the only reason to sail is to get to another island. Instead you actually have game play on the water, I realize that pvp servers have the added game play of other player ships but in PVE there is no such benefits. I think this could create a good balance for both game types, with PVP having more people fighting over ship cargo on the water, and in PVE adding additional content for more immersion and less constant grind on land. There is already infrastructure for NPC crews to fully navigate a ship, so this shouldn't be hard to implement.

Edited by Ector
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ector said:

Wouldn't it be nice to have another way to get resources rather than just constant farming? What if on the water instead of just SoTD everywhere there was also fully manned NPC crew ships of adjusted levels, After successfully sinking one of said ships you could gain a decent amount of resources that would be generated at random, 1k metal/500 gems/2k wood etc. Currently with the SoTD a loot chest may contain some blueprints and literally a berry or two but no kind of considerable worth it loot. This would incentivize actually getting on the water and pirating and not just endless farming where the only reason to sail is to get to another island. Instead you actually have game play on the water, I realize that pvp servers have the added game play of other player ships but in PVE there is no such benefits. I think this could create a good balance for both game types, with PVP having more people fighting over ship cargo on the water, and in PVE adding additional content for more immersion and less constant grind on land. There is already infrastructure for NPC crews to fully navigate a ship, so this shouldn't be hard to implement.

I think this is great, I'm going to expand this idea to the taxation of NPC ships and trade ships within a sea claim as they're currently not much use in the open ocean