Sign in to follow this  
TotallyUncool

List of suggestions

I'll just make a list of changes and/or content I would love to see (I'll add more as I come up with more things and I won't add the most talked about things people are asking for):

• More weather variation. I would love to see storms with lightning and thunder and rough seas (of course, causing more damage compared to calm seas). I would also love it if there were more consistency with the weather, meaning if you have hurricanes in one part of a grid, there should rain/be stormy in the surrounding grids. Storms should be able to develop into hurricanes, but hurricanes should be more rare than they are now. Just, more variations in general in regards to the weather. You could also add barometers so players can keep an  eye on the weather.
  • No snakes in the colder zones as they're reptiles. Replace them with something else.
  • Better creature/NPC AI. I know ARK isn't known for it's stellar AI, but I would love it if you could spend some more money/effort on the AI in ATLAS.
  • Remove whistles when using the AI crew. Add grunts or similar and hand gestures instead.

Here are some possible suggestions for content:

• Unbuildable/unclaimable islands (idea from a stream I watched). These islands could be tied to possible quests, resources, rare creatures etc. Making them unclaimable/unbuildable could maybe incentivize more open sea combat and give people on both PvP and PvE servers more content. This way, GS could also expand on the lore of ATLAS by using these islands.
  • Master titles. No matter what changes are done to the skill-tree/skill-system, make a master tier for the different disciplines. Unlocking these should be for those that are really committed to a certain discipline and to achieve a master title, you'd have to go on a quest (of course, with friends or AI crew). Say, if you wanted to become a master weapons smith, after unlocking everything required, you'd unlock the possibility to go on a quest to find a legendary weapon of some sort, or maybe even a legendary smithy. Achieving a master title would unlock specialized structures tied to the discipline, the ability to create very high quality items etc. etc.

That's it for the time being, there's a lot I haven't mentioned, but my brain has stopped working for now.