Sign in to follow this  
joemorin73

Alternate sources of gold.

As it stands on PvE, your only major source of Gold is treasure maps.  If your playstyle doesn't include treasure hunting, you're a little toast.  Perhaps a few market traders to buy/sell resources could help?

• Like 1

I'm playing on PvP and maybe there's something I don't know... actually there are tons of things for sure I don't know, and among them I don't know any way that we have on PvP to get gold that you wouldn't have on PvE and I don't really see any reason for them to implement another source of gold....

You can always try to trade other resources with players for gold.

But on PVE you can get gold the same way as in PVP.

Sail around and loot the floating chests or make a ship with guns and go hunt some SotD.

It's catching Floatsome or digging treasure.  If there was a trade system, than I would agree.  It can be either an option in freeport or a method to make your own market in your base.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, joemorin73 said:

It's catching Floatsome or digging treasure.  If there was a trade system, than I would agree.  It can be either an option in freeport or a method to make your own market in your base.

As said just in the post above there are also Ships of the Damned that give gold upon defeating which makes PvE have just as many options to earn gold as PVP. About market you have the option to make your own market in your base... Collect coins with any of the above methods, collect goods or craft goods to sell and advertise your market around you, trade for other goods or coins... You have litterally averything you need, only thing that they could add to make it all more secure is a direct player to player trading mechanic (not an aution house, but player to player 'E' interaction...).

5 hours ago, Will Parrot said:

As said just in the post above there are also Ships of the Damned that give gold upon defeating which makes PvE have just as many options to earn gold as PVP. About market you have the option to make your own market in your base... Collect coins with any of the above methods, collect goods or craft goods to sell and advertise your market around you, trade for other goods or coins... You have litterally averything you need, only thing that they could add to make it all more secure is a direct player to player trading mechanic (not an aution house, but player to player 'E' interaction...).

That's exactly it!  I better/secure trade system would significantly help.  Perhaps even NPC vendors that will buy and sell resources.

NPC vendors is a bad idea I think, I'd prefer most of trading to happen between actual players, especially on a PvP game where you have incentives to both trade and/or fight... Its much more interesting on a strategic point of view than just being able to drop off/sell all your goods to an NPC who will never have enough of whatever you want to sell him... 😕

On 1/8/2019 at 10:48 PM, joemorin73 said:

What about trading through freeports?

Just, why ? To avoid direct player to player interaction ? Which is exactly the whole point and philosophy of that kind of game ?