Sign in to follow this  
Fiddle

Server is oversubscribed, teleporting people out problem

So, if you've guys ever been in a server with more than 150 people. You will notice(beside the immense amount of lag) that the server will start tping people out to other zones nearby. Last night during a raid defense a ship captain  got this message and he was teleported a zone a way, and to our suprise the entire brig went with him. So I'm just wondering how stupid the devs are at this point that they would even think this is a good idea. This solves no problems as last night while there was 150 people on, groups of 10+ were still zoning in making the server cap reach 190+. The problem is you can still spawn on beds in the zone and go through server walls. My suggestion is to make the wall red permenentaly  until the server pop is below 150. And beware guys, you have 1000 second notification that some people will be kicked out, but you only know if it's you getting kicked out after the 1000 seconds. And only then will u have 20 seconds to drop all ur stuff before u get tped a grid away with ur entire inventory. goodjob  devs 

• Like 1

Yeah, the present system as you've noted definately has some huge drawbacks and weak spots. This is the sort of thing that can get tricky to solve but I like that you provided a reasonable suggestion instead of just table flipping. Let's see if they take notice.