Sign in to follow this  
DubisTV

Genius Idea.

"Im probably gonna be crucified by ARK/Rust veterans but i don't really care. I feel offline raiding to be terribly dull and unfun PVP meta for the recieving and dealing end. I don't know if anyone finds chopping down doors for hours exciting. As a EVE player, i think system that focuses around timers when stuff can get raided is more fun, as it leads to both sides coming prepared and actually fighting, instead of just blowing eachother up when offline. I think it would be much more exciting. Introducing City Deeds. Players would be able to build a City Hall building, that would emit a aura that protects all structures. However, it would go down for 4-6 hours every day at hour set by owner. It would need gold upkeep to remain running, and the bigger the aura, the bigger the upkeep. However, the problem of playerlimit would remain, as player count on server grows, skewing the balance towards the defenders. Therefore, Blockades. A attacker faction could build a special building on a ship, which when activated would set up the current server as Blockaded one. This would also require gold upkeep and the blockade ship would be immobilized. This would raise the playercap of the server, letting the invading force bring bigger numbers. It could also increase the vulnerability time of the city I think the City Deed system would also let players make their own persistent freeports where independent players could trade and parley in peace."

All credit to willy_stacks over at reddit i wanted to just bring as much attention to this as possible.

• Like 1