Sign in to follow this  
Realist

The numbers

I am trying to take an objective approach to the numbers currently on steam.

now I am not sure exactly how many clusters there are but I know there is eu pve and pvp as well as na pve and pvp. So we will call it 4. Hopefully there aren’t more or that will make things look worse.

since the average has dropped to 38k and if you were to divide that into the 4 clusters that would really mean that less than 10k were on a cluster. 

Now if you could actually fit 40k per cluster/globe that would be 160k which 38k is less than 1/4 of the total capacity.

the one other concern is that the all time peak is 58k which was actually over 1/3 of the total capacity which isn’t that bad. The thing is the 24 hour peak now is 44k so it is getting pretty close to dropping back down to 1/4 capacity.

ill keep an eye on the numbers and see what they do.

i don’t believe they would actually add more servers such as small company servers for the main reason that there is already a lot of empty players slots on all clusters/globes.

it would be a waste of money and just increase their expenses even more.

i would actually take a guess that they probably sold around 100k copies. Because of the numbers that is a pretty safe assumption. There was a lot of refunds but there is no way to know how many so we will just leave them out of this which is beneficial. 100k x 25.00 would be 2.5 million dollars. I think it costed them a pretty good amount of money to start up grapeshot so I am not sure how much money they have as of right now. I would really like to find out though. There team has grown a lot so the expenses are even higher than with the ark side of wildcard.

if anyone knows how or where to find the numbers I would appreciate it.