Sign in to follow this  
Tyger

I'm not mad, just frustrated...

I spent the better part of the day transporting 2 Large storage Boxes full of Sap from J9 to the Tundra areas. 6+ hours, poor wind, frequent SotD spawns and a few zone changes that caused a system crash. I dealt with all of this today until I made it back to my home cell just to get kicked for an authentication error. The SotD that was sitting just inside the zone was practically in my lap so I walked away and assumed it would just sense an empty ship and go on it's merry evil way.

10 minutes later I logged into treading water in the ocean as my speed sloop was crumbling around me before disappearing beneath the sea spray. I'm not mad about it because I know this is an Early Access project I bought into, I'm just frustrated that these NPC's are allowed to spawn so close to the zone borders. I'm not expecting to see any type of recompense, but a solid answer from the Devs that they're aware of this and hopefully coding towards creating a tiny bubble of safe loading from zones would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah the ship of the damned behind server borders are a real problem, every 2nd trip we encounter atleast 1 border with an ambush after lag and loading.

They should either make them visible through the border( which might be difficult) or keep them atleast 100m away from borders.

Edited by Shimazu

These devs are not that kind of devs. The owner of wild card got caught cheating another company and had to pay them 40 million. What did devs do they released dlc to a unfinished EA game to pay for it lol 

Edited by Malfunktion

22 minutes ago, Tyger said:

I spent the better part of the day transporting 2 Large storage Boxes full of Sap from J9 to the Tundra areas. 6+ hours, poor wind, frequent SotD spawns and a few zone changes that caused a system crash. I dealt with all of this today until I made it back to my home cell just to get kicked for an authentication error. The SotD that was sitting just inside the zone was practically in my lap so I walked away and assumed it would just sense an empty ship and go on it's merry evil way.

10 minutes later I logged into treading water in the ocean as my speed sloop was crumbling around me before disappearing beneath the sea spray. I'm not mad about it because I know this is an Early Access project I bought into, I'm just frustrated that these NPC's are allowed to spawn so close to the zone borders. I'm not expecting to see any type of recompense, but a solid answer from the Devs that they're aware of this and hopefully coding towards creating a tiny bubble of safe loading from zones would be greatly appreciated.

Not quite the experience today for me lost my sloop decked out in color and custom sails just for it to explode leaving an island for no reason .  Said I was going to stop but 30 min later found myself playing again all what am I doing!!

Edited by Hackjob

I had a level 30 SOD spawn right on a zone border upon switching last night. I've figured out how to sail better and can usually avoid them easily...however, them spawning by the border is wrong, especially when theres tech issues like you had....hope they fix this..