dvd

I need help w/DEDI server setup.

Well, I don't know if u can tell by the snapshot. I've launched redis and the server.exe  They seem to be running.  The "cannot get HostName" steam open source. And Cannot get "host name " are over my head. I filled out the edit in mapGridEditor to include Friendly World Name. The problem is the server is not visable in browser, and the log (snapsot) indicates the name of Grid 1. Regardless of whether I launch the server with "edited start.bat" or edited "shooter game.exe shortcut". Its invisable.   Also see that the redis server is not showing any connection , to me, is weird, as I would expect to see my server and all 4 grids connect. This is a server machine separate from my PC, but is n the same ethernet at home. MayB iys not communicating with STEAM?

I did have it appear in LAN but not the online browser..B4 I tried fixing that by changing the password of the 5 database connections to my server password(on the server project cfg..json) in map editor, plus redis password. So they are all the same. Now its not in LAN. But when it was it showed "Invalid Server". But did ask for my PassWord.   I have TeamView if someone wants to check it out.   ( they say that starting redis and then starting the $ GRID BATS is proper. Also they say Start the shooter game .exe as BAT ,.. But Im a Noobie/\.   salut

ATLAS.PNG

you wont see that many things in the redis CMD.

gethostbyname and ghostname is normal. and can be ignored.

are your ports forwarded correctly?

I cannot be sure 100%, I know there was a lot of log input when I had them wrong, and a few crashes. But I can launch the server and all 4 grid bats, with no errors. All logs in command are identical to the snapshot. (except they have their own gridname).   I wish I had this much more experience.. REDIS has its own port to receive connection, but it is not any manual entry by me (the user). And the Friendly name in the map(project) editor doesn't appear in the server command when it starts. Im sure your pulling the right ropes with ports ( and ip). But as I stated they seem to work, And are all forwarded in the equipment(router).  Ive been at it all day.

I must question too, that since I added grid 4 (x=1,y=1) as HOME server, why the command dialogue for the server only shows the first grid name(HOME as well). shouldn't it show Both HOME server names.. (w/o  starting all bats manually.) ?

Edited by dvd

Gethostbyname failed() is normal, just ignore it

------------------------------------------

ATLAS requires a lot of ports.

Game + Query - They look like 57561 and 5761

Seamless - Looks like 27000

Database - Looks like 6379

Leave the database port and IP alone. (As long as the database and server are running on the SAME machine. I don't recommend they are on different machines, it'll make this more difficult). If you have a router you need to port forward your query + game port PER each map. So your first map seems to be 57561 and 5761. Keep in mind, you also need to port forward +1 above the port. So an example below...

Map 1 - 57561-57562,5761-5762

Map 2 - 57563-57564,5763,57564

(Make sure these ports match up in your map editor).

I also port forward my seamless ports (27000-27003 as you have 4 maps) as it seems to help me with blank map issues.

THEN you need to add the SAME ports you port forwarded, as a firewall rule in the inbound section.

-----------------------------

You're second issue is your command line. If all 4 of your servers are saying "Server: 'Dragoons Gulches'" it's because you are not using the proper .bat arguments.

ServerX=XX - This is the X coordinate of the tile in the map editor.

ServerY=XX - This is the Y coordinate of the tile in the map editor

AltSaveDirectoryName=XX - This is where this server instance will save it's files to. Each server should have a different directory

QueryPort & Port - For server one use 57561 & 5761, then server 2 would use 57563 & 5763.

SeamlessIP=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX - This is the IP address the server is on

Example for a 2x2 grid (4 maps)

Map 1 = ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=0?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?SeamlessIP=98.181.215.73

Map 2 = ServerX=0?ServerY=1?AltSaveDirectoryName=1?QueryPort=57563?Port=5763?SeamlessIP=98.181.215.73

Map 3 = ServerX=1?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=2?QueryPort=57565?Port=5765?SeamlessIP=98.181.215.73

Map 4 = ServerX=1?ServerY=1?AltSaveDirectoryName=3?QueryPort=57567?Port=5765?SeamlessIP=98.181.215.73

------------------------------

I know it's a lot of information but running an ATLAS server isn't an easy task. In short you need to make sure your .bat arguments are correct PER server and that all of your ports are forwarded correctly and given firewall exceptions.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:12 AM, HunterJDL said:

Gethostbyname failed() is normal, just ignore it

------------------------------------------

ATLAS requires a lot of ports.

Game + Query - They look like 57561 and 5761

Seamless - Looks like 27000

Database - Looks like 6379

Leave the database port and IP alone. (As long as the database and server are running on the SAME machine. I don't recommend they are on different machines, it'll make this more difficult). If you have a router you need to port forward your query + game port PER each map. So your first map seems to be 57561 and 5761. Keep in mind, you also need to port forward +1 above the port. So an example below...

Map 1 - 57561-57562,5761-5762

Map 2 - 57563-57564,5763,57564

(Make sure these ports match up in your map editor).

I also port forward my seamless ports (27000-27003 as you have 4 maps) as it seems to help me with blank map issues.

THEN you need to add the SAME ports you port forwarded, as a firewall rule in the inbound section.

-----------------------------

You're second issue is your command line. If all 4 of your servers are saying "Server: 'Dragoons Gulches'" it's because you are not using the proper .bat arguments.

ServerX=XX - This is the X coordinate of the tile in the map editor.

ServerY=XX - This is the Y coordinate of the tile in the map editor

AltSaveDirectoryName=XX - This is where this server instance will save it's files to. Each server should have a different directory

QueryPort & Port - For server one use 57561 & 5761, then server 2 would use 57563 & 5763.

SeamlessIP=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX - This is the IP address the server is on

Example for a 2x2 grid (4 maps)

Map 1 = ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=0?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?SeamlessIP=98.181.215.73

Map 2 = ServerX=0?ServerY=1?AltSaveDirectoryName=1?QueryPort=57563?Port=5763?SeamlessIP=98.181.215.73

Map 3 = ServerX=1?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=2?QueryPort=57565?Port=5765?SeamlessIP=98.181.215.73

Map 4 = ServerX=1?ServerY=1?AltSaveDirectoryName=3?QueryPort=57567?Port=5765?SeamlessIP=98.181.215.73

------------------------------

I know it's a lot of information but running an ATLAS server isn't an easy task. In short you need to make sure your .bat arguments are correct PER server and that all of your ports are forwarded correctly and given firewall exceptions.

OKEY DOKEY.  Ill go  through the port forwarding again just to make sure. MayB my seamless ip is a problem. In routers firewall.. I can't open ports for IP @ (whatsmyip) because it will message 'invakid ip address.  So I tried local internal ip. No show on LAN even. And the cmd ping  ip cfg returns address that is nearly same # as internal IP. But  error "invalid port range" .   Ill go through it again.  Seems if there was a way to Force  upnp at each  instance of the .exe ( all grid) this would be a 'common' path for the routers firewall.

5 hours ago, dvd said:

OKEY DOKEY.  Ill go  through the port forwarding again just to make sure. MayB my seamless ip is a problem. In routers firewall.. I can't open ports for IP @ (whatsmyip) because it will message 'invakid ip address.  So I tried local internal ip. No show on LAN even. And the cmd ping  ip cfg returns address that is nearly same # as internal IP. But  error "invalid port range" .   Ill go through it again.  Seems if there was a way to Force  upnp at each  instance of the .exe ( all grid) this would be a 'common' path for the routers firewall.

CMD > ipconfig > Look at IPv4 Address - It'll be something like 192.168.0.XX THAT is the IP you need to use in your port forward. It's the internal IP to that specific computer so the port forward knows which machine on the network it sends the connections to.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:45 PM, HunterJDL said:

CMD > ipconfig > Look at IPv4 Address - It'll be something like 192.168.0.XX THAT is the IP you need to use in your port forward. It's the internal IP to that specific computer so the port forward knows which machine on the network it sends the connections to.

ok good.  Ill try it out.

Well I re-entered everything on the json, gridbats and the router. Its still invisable. I was happy though that the router allowed the ports and triggers. 

I get all 4 grids saying they are running..  only error is in the last grid  x=1 y=1,  and its weird. MayN someone knows what it means. Some reason it wont take my attatchment but  it says  \src\common\net_misc.cpp (213) : AssertionFailed: CalcUnIPThisBox - Get adaptersAddresses returned 111      ??