Sign in to follow this  
MPPPEN

Flipping between two different computers

Hi.

I want to play Atlas on two different PCs - one at home and on my laptop when travelling. I DON'T want to play them simultaneously obviously but be able to play on one or the other depending on my location.

Currently it's working fine from home but having installed it on my lappie, I only get the option to join new Atlas. I don't want to risk wiping my character so thought I'd see if anyone else has done.

TIA

Works fine to join new atlas on separate PC. It worked for me at least and I've switched back to home PC with no issue.

So this issue exists in ark as well, only because of the way ark is with just a few servers (one per map) you don't see it the same way.  There is a file in your game folder (At work so I can't check for it this moment, but its an INI file) that has your character info on where you were at when you last logged out and such.  This file is what tells atlas where to load you when you 'rejoin atlas'.  IF it doesn't exist it assumes you have no characters. 

If you join the same atlas world but instead of rejoin new atlas you pick a server your character isn't actually loaded on it will prompt  you to make a new character.  In ark if you connected to scorched earth in a cluster, but your character was on the island map, it would also prompt you to make a new character.  I think they fixed that eventually but not 100% sure as its been a long time since I played ark.

Try finding and copying that file from  your ome system into the folder of your laptop.  If it does work you will probably have to manually copy it over from whichever system you played on last to the one you are moving to so the game knows where you are at.

Thanks both.

I managed it on Ark without having to copy files.

Mont, do you mean you just join the same server as Join Atlas and it'll spawn you with your existing character?