Sign in to follow this  
Rob Blackbeard

Stone quest / Bosses / More Ship weight.

I'm currently running a 15x15 grid on my home server.  I used the official map included with the map grid editor hoping it would include the power stone quests and bosses. While the islands are the same as the official map Im not seeing the stone markers showing up. Is there something I have to do to activate the quests on a private server? 

Second question. Is there any way yet to raise the weigh limits on our ships, either as a set chunk on the ship stats or increasing how much they gain when you level them up?

Thanks for any help

Did you use the official map and select the grids that contained golden age ruins? For those making custom maps these islands end with the suffix PVE. 

I also believe you need the middle square that is empty to finish the quest as the end boss spawns there. The quest should be active if your survivor opens the quest tab in their inventory, this was already active on our server.

I was hoping the devs would come up with a few custom maps designed for smaller grids that contained everything you need for end game. That would be really nice! A few creators have done some custom maps for 2x2 3x3 and 4x4 that included everything from main game but condensed to the space, these included the merchant ship paths as well as other things needed for end game. Lots of diversity!

Edited by lou_neuro

1 hour ago, lou_neuro said:

Did you use the official map and select the grids that contained golden age ruins? For those making custom maps these islands end with the suffix PVE. 

I also believe you need the middle square that is empty to finish the quest as the end boss spawns there. The quest should be active if your survivor opens the quest tab in their inventory, this was already active on our server.

I was hoping the devs would come up with a few custom maps designed for smaller grids that contained everything you need for end game. That would be really nice! A few creators have done some custom maps for 2x2 3x3 and 4x4 that included everything from main game but condensed to the space, these included the merchant ship paths as well as other things needed for end game. Lots of diversity!

Hi thanks for the reply, Yes I my map includes all the golden age ruins etc. I think I've just worked out what I've done wrong though. For some reason when setting up the map I deleted the big mass of text in the globalGameplaySetup window *sigh* I blame trying to set it up at 4am while dying of manflu.. now to see if i can fix it 

Yep fixed it with a new export of the server grid. Now just need to fix the weight on the ships n we'll be good to go, well until the next problem 🙂

Edited by Rob Blackbeard

2 hours ago, ChromeSDK said:

Out of curiosity, what kind of specs are you running to get the 15x15 going?

Yeah, I second that inquiry! 

3 hours ago, ChromeSDK said:

Out of curiosity, what kind of specs are you running to get the 15x15 going?

Sorry I should have made that clearer, I dont have all 225 servers up and running at the same time. I have made a 15x15 grid cluster but i just run 3 servers a time, home base, where we are and where we want to travel to. There are only 3 of us in our group so we stick together in the same grid. The server computer is next to me so its not too hard to drop one server and bring the next one up and there is enough idle time sailing across the map for me to do it without slowing down game play. Though was about 6 hours work for me to set it all up. (but a lot of that was down to it being a little far out of my comfort zone usually just using server manager programmes or at worst steamcmd)