Sign in to follow this  
Zanorax

Griefers sinking ships with rocks.

I haven't had this happen to myself but I have seen a lot of people especially in pve servers that have had their ships sunk while offline or not on their ship by greifers climbing on to their ships loaded with weight.

It seems to me like an easy solution to this would be to make other players weight or dropped items not effect the ship while the owner is not on the ship or online.

i suspect most of the time this is being done because people are leaving rafts blocking dry docks or on beaches in claimed territory and generally in places they shouldn't. When people land on beaches in our settlement we tell them if you leave it here and  block our spots we will destroy it.

In pve someone can park their sloop in front of my dry dock and block a galleon from leaving and there is nothing you can do about it.

3 hours ago, microphobe said:

i suspect most of the time this is being done because people are leaving rafts blocking dry docks or on beaches in claimed territory and generally in places they shouldn't. When people land on beaches in our settlement we tell them if you leave it here and  block our spots we will destroy it.

In pve someone can park their sloop in front of my dry dock and block a galleon from leaving and there is nothing you can do about it.

Everything is claimed, even empty islands. Its impossible to leave your raft in unclaimed territory. A noob raft that sailed 10h to find land is no threat to any company. Its 100% griefing and if u dont think so and find a freaking raft a threat while being a land hoarder company it must be the shittiest company ever lol.

2 hours ago, ThisWayisUP said:

Everything is claimed, even empty islands. Its impossible to leave your raft in unclaimed territory. A noob raft that sailed 10h to find land is no threat to any company. Its 100% griefing and if u dont think so and find a freaking raft a threat while being a land hoarder company it must be the shittiest company ever lol.

there are miles of beaches that we do nothing about. Parking your raft in someone's dry dock to stop them building is the griefing not destroying that raft that's doing it.

in the areas that we do not clean there are currently about 11 abandoned rafts that are blocking people from putting down dry docks, reinforcing territory and a bunch of other shit. It is a plague, they are not a threat they are litter on the beaches and that is why most people clean them up. People are warned, you have 1 hour to move your raft or we will destroy it. If they leave it in our dry dock after that we sink it. We have boats to make and if people actually ask we do give them a patch of land to build on, or invite them into the company, but most don't ask they just contest territory and we prevent it.

look at it this way, if you buy a house and someone parks their car in your driveway, are you griefing if you have it towed? Because that is all they are doing.

park your raft off shore or destroy it when you leave an island in a sloop. Don't park in my driveway.

5 minutes ago, microphobe said:

there are miles of beaches that we do nothing about. Parking your raft in someone's dry dock to stop them building is the griefing not destroying that raft that's doing it.

in the areas that we do not clean there are currently about 11 abandoned rafts that are blocking people from putting down dry docks, reinforcing territory and a bunch of other shit. It is a plague, they are not a threat they are litter on the beaches and that is why most people clean them up. People are warned, you have 1 hour to move your raft or we will destroy it. If they leave it in our dry dock after that we sink it. We have boats to make and if people actually ask we do give them a patch of land to build on, or invite them into the company, but most don't ask they just contest territory and we prevent it.

look at it this way, if you buy a house and someone parks their car in your driveway, are you griefing if you have it towed? Because that is all they are doing.

park your raft off shore or destroy it when you leave an island in a sloop. Don't park in my driveway.

0.0001 % of newb solo player parks a raft in a dock, most park just about anywhere out of sight hoping their raft will be still there next day. 
99.9% of companies destroy EVERY raft ANYWHERE.

Dont turn it around to place companies in a victim role LOL.

Edited by ThisWayisUP

love your "statistics" there but we had two yesterday inside our large dry dock. Both of these we destroyed after the 1 hour limit.

we had three others park in our harbour blocking traffic, two left after gathering resources one didn't.

companies aren't the victims, but neither are the raft owners. Don't bitch that your car got towed because you parked in front of a fire hydrant.

we have several rafts to the left and right of out harbour that we do nothing about because they are not in the way, they are parked properly and nobody cares about them. I suspect most companies just have less of a breaking point than we do and say they will sink everything because they are sick of clearing their harbours.

If they made the damage decay period faster on boats in claimed land i suspect the problem would take care of itself.

7 hours ago, microphobe said:

I'm not talking about people blocking. The instances I am talking about is people coming in on rafts or just spawning in the zone with the sole purpose of sinking peoples ships. Ships that are in their owners territory and not bloacking anyones path.

19 minutes ago, Zanorax said:

I'm not talking about people blocking. The instances I am talking about is people coming in on rafts or just spawning in the zone with the sole purpose of sinking peoples ships. Ships that are in their owners territory and not bloacking anyones path.

This is griefing 100% yes but thy do also need to deal with the litter of rafts on coastlines being abandoned, its been weeks now and some are still there from the first few days.