Sign in to follow this  
artavatar19745

raft in lawless

I don't think you can.  Can't place a claim to build a shipyard, and there is no NPC like in the Freeport that I can find.

Another side-effect: Since you can't build in Lawless, that's about a third of the map that now can't be built on.

• Like 1

You can't. You need to claim an Island to be able to build a shipyard... But you can't claim the lawless region islands where you spawn so... Since there's no raft sellers on those islands. We're fucked

"We're having a problem with everyone disconnecting due to the fact, we weren't anticipating this amount of players. Even if we were well aware of how much we hyped up this game and how lucrative this genre of games are right now. Yet we've learnt nothing from out past mistakes, but we'll keep making some more along the way. First up on the chopping block is Lawless regions, where you can't escape because there's no way to build a raft as that requires a shipyard, so just for the lulz we made the lawless regions just a piss poor excuse to let people play the game, even if they'll be stranded there unless they have someone who can pick them up. Completelety alienating the majority of our playerbase which are the solo players. Be sure to pick up the game on steam while you can.. (before the reviews becomes so abyssmal that you wouldn't even touch it, if we paid YOU for the game and not vice versa" . sincerly your Atlast Dev team.

That's my experience with the game so far.

Spawn into freeport, have 9fps and rubberband so much it's completely unplayable.
Disconnect and make a new character and spawn into a lawless region
-Nice, I can finally play the game, even if the optimization is worse than any game I've played since the early 2000's..
-Realize that you can't build anything in the lawless region, so there's no way of the island.

-Contemplate getting the game refunded
 -vote against the refund because I loved ark and want this game to be playable, but at this point in time, it simply isn't.

• Like 1

Played up until level 7 on lawless until I realized it was totally pointless.  What a boring game.  It looks nothing like the videos too.  I have no idea what they were running those videos on but the graphics on my rig running everything on high and epic look awful. 

Edited by Rickyh24
  • Sad 1

Just now, Rickyh24 said:

Played up until level 7 on lawless until I realized it was totally pointless.  What a boring game. 

Yeah, no. This is quickly turning into the kind of joke you don't want to have before christmas.