Sign in to follow this  
Envos

Magic Ideas

Not sure how much magic is going to be in the game but I thought I'd give you some ideas.  Hopefully these aren't repeats.

Weather changes - the ability to change wind, storms, temperature, fog (especially fog because that would be awesome to steal clear of people or ships of the damned) etc with magic.
          kind of like Zelda, Wind Waker

Flotsam changes  - add spells  to flotsam in the future, either usable or something you can add to a scroll similar to sheet music. (not to mention other additions to flotsam like tools)

Illusion spells - scaring people off with ghost ship images or other types of images (this could be wide reaching as far as illusion goes - just be careful cause that could be taken way out of hand
          and can really annoy people - maybe they are really short or can only be used once per day or in certain areas?)

Summoning - I mean come on, its freaking awesome, I want to own ships of the damned or skeletons or something like that. Maybe even summon your own personal island? Sounds like major
          end game/pvp material right there.

Dispelling Magic - The ability to stop effects to some extent, dispelling illusions, powerful damage, etc.  (I really think this is one of the most important magics to be honest)

Buying/Selling Magic - Have the ability to buy or train magic at freeports or your own personal merchants.  It would be cool to RP that but if anything have it available to people, or maybe have                     traveling magicians that only come by once in a while.

General Thoughts - I believe magic should have a lot of repercussions that cause significant damage or change to the player.  Ideas being health damage, cooldowns for different magics types, cosmetic looks or changes in actions/sounds the player makes.  Maybe even a magical curse put on players that makes ships of the damned or other events happen to the player.  Ideas like a raid on land or by animals around them or even their hired crew.

I'm sure everyone knows that the potential for magic is really limitless but also should be reasonably cared for since you don't want people to abuse magic.  It's also a pirate game, so you don't want it to become something like Skyrim at Sea.  I hope this helps further along some ideas to help this become an even greater game.

Edited by Envos