Sign in to follow this  
Maxi

REMOVE TEMPERATURE MANAGEMENT FOR BABY BREEDING

Seriously.

Taming is already a job as it is, WHO THOUGHT it would be a great idea to have players sit and watch these super temperature sensitive babies for EIGHT HOURS STRAIGHT?  Surely BREEDING should be a much smoother job than taming.  NOPE, you better quit your job IRL if you want to become an animal breeding in ATLAS.

PLEASE remove this nonsense off the game.

• Like 1

Temperature management for a baby critter is silly for a game. Someone would have to be on 24/7

I haven't even had to deal with this and I agree. This is utter nonsense. If baby animals required that much micromanagement IRL there'd be no animals left on this planet. Most of them just require food, water, maybe shelter, and protection. Go outside once in a while, devs, or watch National Geographic or something. How out of touch with reality can you be?  

I dont like the temperature management for the simple reason there is no way to "cool down" a bird that SPAWNS in this environment, sure land creatures you can drag into water but that doesn't work for a flyer..(if you say penguin i will slap you with its flipper, that is a whole other level of silly you are implying here)

Not to mention, if i tame a bird in a tropical area and then proceed to breed and hatch more of them in the same area there should literally be no temperature management, it's their NATIVE habitat.

While yes normally in captivity you do have moderately strict requirements for temperature, that is normally because they are not being raised in their normal habitat.(This is a game however logic is not what we want, but this is also to the extreme however regardless)

It sounds good on paper but its not good in play.

In natural habitats, yes. This makes breeding IMPOSSIBLE if you live in the wrong area.

My area had -180c cold snaps, that were nerfed to -45, and still -10 (Edit: every second night). I can't raise anything there without at least 15,000 wood per hour for the number of fires it takes to protect any creature.

Edited by GunnyTheGrey