Sign in to follow this  
MazX

Griefing by Taxation

Griefing is normally considered to be taking advantage of a bug, to the detriment of other players. We currently have a humongous in the game where you can not dispute other player's territories, at almost any time. We have a company in the N11 area named Landlubbers who makes the practice of claiming multiple territories all over the island of  for no other purpose than to then use the marker to inflict taxation on people who are ACTIVELY playing in the area, which they never do. I tried to place a disputing flag today, was there at precisely the time their maintenance counted down and was not able to place it. Now of course, their flag has gone into negative maintenance and there is zero way of ever getting rid of them now due to that bug, which they seem to intentionally be using to grief other players.

My friends and I were just in a similar scenario. A small crew, albeit larger than ours, controls a whole island in O5 and its quite clear they wont build on most of it. We contested with a single flag and put it away from resources as to not prevent resource spawns when we build a small base. They proceeded to block our ship in with walls so we had to either remove the claim flag or pay their taxes and stay. Needless to say we left but we experienced a pretty toxic environment before we left. I'll admit that my friends were also being toxic but that was after they threatened to sink our ship and sink every ship we ever made. Unfortunately man, I believe we are part of a minority that think mass claiming islands is bad, especially because of the taxation system.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShadyBeef said:

My friends and I were just in a similar scenario. A small crew, albeit larger than ours, controls a whole island in O5 and its quite clear they wont build on most of it. We contested with a single flag and put it away from resources as to not prevent resource spawns when we build a small base. They proceeded to block our ship in with walls so we had to either remove the claim flag or pay their taxes and stay. Needless to say we left but we experienced a pretty toxic environment before we left. I'll admit that my friends were also being toxic but that was after they threatened to sink our ship and sink every ship we ever made. Unfortunately man, I believe we are part of a minority that think mass claiming islands is bad, especially because of the taxation system.

I wasn't even aware of a taxation system. Sounds pretty cool in theory, but from  your experience, it appears in practice it's just a pain in the ass way to grief other players 😕

• Like 1

on PVE maybe tax need to be disabled how many time dev have found a fix for too many claim per char/compagny