NyanRose

Chinese names

I suppose this would apply to foreign characters in names, but they appear as boxes to most of the population. This is bad because if we catch someone doing things against the rules, they cant be reported.

This was a big issue on ark, when a chinese tribe used rock golems to wipe out 90% of the server we couldnt even report them because their names were all boxes. With the thousands on atlas this has only gotten worse should something happen.

Please dont make people and their tribes report proof. Just ban the characters in names on us and EU severs.

And pleeeeease add servers for parts of Asia to help with the mass quantity! 

• Like 2

I came to make this suggestion, but I think limiting it to roman characters only would help a great deal. This allows players to still use accented letters ( í ,  ň,   é , ů , á etc) on both NA and EU servers, while at the same time, eliminating the ▯ names. Even among my allies, it gets hard to tell people apart (even with Steam display names enabled). I can't imagine trying to report someone with a similarly styled name. Even with video proof of cheating, it would do no good.

Bear in mind, this wouldn't force players who normally use logographic alphabets to have "English" names, since it would still allow for accented characters. As an example, something like 海盗 (pirate in Chinese) or 海賊 (pirate in Japanese) would simply become Hǎidào and Kaizoku respectively.