Sign in to follow this  
Mytea

Spawning and balance

Few suggestions to remove some of the frustrations with getting started in this game.

Spawning - this is probably the most frustrating element of the game for me at the moment. Trying to progress past level 8 with only one or two in your company is nearly impossible unless you no life the game and just grind until you get high enough level to have a 5% chance of survival (bonkers). The algorithm used to spawn after death seems to automatically select the island that you have not built on. I have spent 30 minutes just trying to get back to one island where i have 2x2 hut on and i have been playing 60 bloody hours. Add to this spawning on islands that you cannot get on and then falling through the world. Frustration +1

Suggestion for spawning enable a spawn beacon that can be placed or for you to select your island on death.

Wildlife - On any island you can spawn that has abundant wildlife you are confronted with 15 lions, 12 crocodiles and 5 snakes. You just die. So please either change the aggressiveness to only if agroed or force them not camp spawn areas and spread them out, alternatively make sure crocs and wolfs etc do not cluster. naked and with fists only i get KO'ed in 15 seconds by  level 1 wolf at level 22????? crazy. Frustration +1

Gathering - I have a family and a life, I really want to play this game, but you need to balance life with play and I cannot see past the holiday season me playing. Unless you can balance people that are occasional players with no lifers this is not going to work as an MMO the current 2.5 gather rate feels like the game should be always at this level, takes the sting out of having to die 30 times to get back to your hut.(I get the mechanics of survival I have 2.5k hours in ARK). Frustration +1

Positives - I think you’re doing a great job of stabilising the game since launch, I get the mammoth task you guys have tried to undertake, it's getting better little by little so keep up the good work.

:skull: CAN NOT GET A BREAK FROM ENDLESS AMOUNTS OF SPAWNS. WORST SPAWNING SYSTEM OF ALL TIME! :skull:

Edited by Scorpionshawn