Atlasloc.com

Solutions to Dead Passing through Map Card from A1 to A2

I've seen this happen in a few different scenarios as we are having issues cleaning moving between regions on our 2x2 cluster.

The number one culprit has been when we have a password on the server.  When our players zone to a new region they usually get an empty password error since the server is expecting them to enter a password, like when they log into the home server, but there's nothing sending the password over.  

I've had issues dying when zoning as well without a password, but haven't found a single root cause.  When the password is off, sometimes people zone cleanly, sometimes they die.  The real pain is we've found you have to log directly into the server you were moving to since the home server doesn't seem to keep track of where you are once you leave.  Thankfully we only have 4 servers, and I had all my players add every server to their steam list so they can log directly into them.  I'm using Nitrado, so I've already logged a few tickets about this  problem.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:03 AM, ForceTrainer said:

I've seen this happen in a few different scenarios as we are having issues cleaning moving between regions on our 2x2 cluster.

The number one culprit has been when we have a password on the server.  When our players zone to a new region they usually get an empty password error since the server is expecting them to enter a password, like when they log into the home server, but there's nothing sending the password over.  

I've had issues dying when zoning as well without a password, but haven't found a single root cause.  When the password is off, sometimes people zone cleanly, sometimes they die.  The real pain is we've found you have to log directly into the server you were moving to since the home server doesn't seem to keep track of where you are once you leave.  Thankfully we only have 4 servers, and I had all my players add every server to their steam list so they can log directly into them.  I'm using Nitrado, so I've already logged a few tickets about this  problem.

Having the same issue on Nitrado server 2x2, getting Empty password error when changing grid tiles.  I feel like we are missing a server config variable or somehow to sync the handoff from one grid to another with setting the password somewhere.