Sign in to follow this  
krazmuze

make vitamin bars +/-50 not 0-100 will make it easier to read balance

The current UI it is very difficult to see where the centerline is, be much easier to read if the origin of the bars was at 50% rather than 0%.    Too  many times I inspected it closely with H and saw I was at 30%.  This way if your vitamins are going down the bar itself points down rather than retreating from up.    You are balanced if you do not see any bars.

• Like 2

I've had the same thought.  I think new players especially will naturally want to fill any available bar, resulting in overdosing on vitamins.  Perhaps a horizontal display would be more natural to show a medium range that is preferable.

I know the game is early and the UI looks like an internal dev UI, but now is the time to help get this UI in shape before it becomes the norm for the game.  I think many companies overlook this important step in communicating game systems effectively to players!  It's a very important part of the dev process. (Says a UI guy, hah)

Edited by Caudill
  • Like 2

Good point since food is maxed when bars are maxed, the obvious intent of vitamin bars is they be maxed right?   Then you die going WTF I had all my vitamins.

So three lines, over/under limits at +/-40 and origin at 0.  Of course you know when you are EQ or over limit eventually when you buff or die, but that takes half an hour and is a horrible feedback loop.    Using the over/under/origin lines would be immediate feedback - when balanced you see no  bars and when you start seeing bars it is a warning sign to get back into balance before it reaches the over/under lines - can even make the over/under bars flash when reached the limits for those who are not sure where to look.

Edited by krazmuze