Sign in to follow this  
Aquila Ibis

Boat resistance needs a buff.

So as it stands right now anyone can easily kill any boat with the simple tools of a raft, metal tools, resource to repair said tools, and a bed. As long as owners of the boat aren't there defending the boat whether be there offline or just not near the boat at the time 1 person can just sail up to the boat with a raft and brake of the lower deck panels and boom boats dead it will start to take on water and sink. Doesn't matter what boat type it is or how it designed it this simple to destroy any boat. In fact even sea creatures such as sharks, jellyfish, and manta rays can even dmg and destroy your boat if they a player's character is inside it thus they can sink your boat if you offline inside your boat because they'll attack the outer hull to kill the sleeping person inside the boat.

So i propose ships outer hull, and decks be buff to only take dmg from cannons, explosives or massive sea creatures like kraken while still allowing doors, walls, and ceiling on the boat to still take dmg. This will make it so 1 single person with barely anything and a lot of free time can no longer destroy any boat they see by themselves. As it is my company has lost 2 schnoors and 4 sloops to this stupidity and we no longer see and reason to make anything other than rafts until this system is fixed.

P.S can we also get a more metal nodes outside and zero in the freeports as it is the current meta is to die respawn at port make a raft load it up with metal sense it 2x resources and there literal metal nodes every were. Mean while 90% of the islands don't even have a single metal node on them and some items like cannons, guns, and ammo require literal 100-200x metal to make them and a decide amount of ammo for it.

I read that using Climbing Picks to get to the top of high outcrops of rock will result in finding metal nodes.  I wish I could try it!

42 minutes ago, Coggage said:

I read that using Climbing Picks to get to the top of high outcrops of rock will result in finding metal nodes.  I wish I could try it!

I tired that most islands still don't have metal in fact most islands don't even have rocks to climb. An as i stated my company literal just respawns at the freeport and just loaded up rafts with metal have been for 10 days now.

Edited by Aquila Ibis