Sign in to follow this  
archaegeo

We need Skiffs (smaller than sloop, solo sailboat)

We need ships that are solo sailable, smaller than sloop, but faster than raft, has rudder and sail control at rudder. 

skiff12.jpg

• Like 1

Sloop with one medium weight sail is plenty soloable. Though im not opposed to your idea. I do think sloops need a flat buff to base speed and maneuverability.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

We need ships that are solo sailable, smaller than sloop, but faster than raft, has rudder and sail control at rudder. 

skiff12.jpg

This is a great idea. Something cheap and fast. Designed for one crew Base. Maybe a dingy sized ship with one sail and a rudder. +1 for sure.

9 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Sloop with one medium weight sail is plenty soloable. Though im not opposed to your idea. I do think sloops need a flat buff to base speed and maneuverability.

Sloop still needs someone on sail and someone on helm for efficient operation.  It has no chance to avoid anything, ghosthip or real, if someone solo tries to run back and forth.

Skiffs been around forever, perfect solo vessels.

• Like 1

The wheel is right next to the one mast. They both take time to rotate where you set them. Meaning while your mast is moving to where you set jt you can hop on the wheel and so on. Its plenty soloable

Edited by McGimp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, archaegeo said:

Sloop still needs someone on sail and someone on helm for efficient operation.  It has no chance to avoid anything, ghosthip or real, if someone solo tries to run back and forth.

Skiffs been around forever, perfect solo vessels.

Yeah the big point here is a weak, solo ship, that is fast. Fast enough to get out of danger if you wre paying attention. It doesn't have to be super fast but at least faster then the damn ships of the damned. Off topic they really need to lower all the spawn settings. I traveled from one server to another server yesterday and I spawned right into 4 Army of the Dead ships. Before we could even control the ship they had all already hit us with a volley each. Destroyed the sloop. Not sure how we went from No Dead Ships to getting chased by 8 of them.

Either way, Skiff, small dingy sized craft with one sail and a rudder. Golden Idea.

I like this idea, the raft is probably the most anoying thing to sail ever, having the skiff craftable with the small shipyard/dock would be nice, not to big of a grind and than BAM! You can actually sail. I wouldnt have it need anything extra in regards to sails or planks, just maybe a little metal *shrug?* and of course more mats than the normal raft 

• Like 1

yeah, id even be ok with it still needing the loom for the sails

but yeah, the progression should go (imho), dingy, raft, skiff, sloop, etc

The raft as is sails way to fast for its water dynamics, but its what we have right now.

• Like 1