I have 2 computers with Atlas on both. I use 1 computer to play Atlas. I copy the save folder to an external storage, as a back up. I've played Atlas for years, and learned to survive crashes and bugs, by restoring the saved folder.

I use computer 2 to play copies of old saved Atlas folder.

I play Atlas by login to Steam like the rest of players. My question is this, If I "Delete Singleplayer Data" from the Atlas menu, will I be deleting my character from online and not be able to login on and play on computer 1?

I have spent years playing Atlas, I don't want to lose all that content. But I'm curious to create a new character. Anyone have an idea? 

I guess I can create a new login in steam with new email, and have it as a second account. It's just that I have allot of mods installed. I don't want to start from scratch and add the mods to a second account.

Basically, I have my char in PVE as a single player.  I've played that char for years and want to keep it. I want to create a second character but don't know how. If I delete the data from the Atlas menu, will I be deleting my old character?