Sign in to follow this  
Gorelander

it's the SotD's world, you're just sailing in it...

So I just re-rolled and joined the server(s) since the last wipe.  After leaving the starting cell in Rookie Cove I encountered 12 ships of the damned between me and the first island.  On my pathetic ramshackle sloop, having no way to defend myself I managed to zig-zag, switchback, and ping-pong my way through them without getting attacked.

While it was somewhat exciting and challenging, anyone new to this game would have probably come under fire and lost their sloop having to start over.  #ragequit

I think it's time to retire the tiresome SotD and make them more of a special encounter.  No sea is *that* haunted.  I would suggest switching the SotD to Wild Pirates as that would make more sense as long as the Wild Pirates aren't broken/ indestructible like they are in solo play.  Encountering a fleet of Wild Pirates is much more plausible than multiple haunted ghost ships.

Also, picking up normal pirates from a destroyed SotD doesn't make sense.  Picking up crew from destroyed Wild Pirates would be much better.

This is more of a rhetorical post.  I'm not sure if the devs even look at this forum.  I''m not sure if more than half a dozen players look at this forum lol.

Edited by Gorelander