Eotech

Ramming Gally.... Too sinkable

Caution to anyone grinding Rhino horns for ramming gallies.  I loved the ship, mechanics, and how it handles.  Here's the issue:  When a plank reaches 0 health, regardless of the health of the ship, the ship suddenly sinks.  Instantly.  With no warning.  I hope this is a bug and not as intended.

This health indicator of the ship is some kind of joke actually. Like once I had front castle hit 0hp, and some other parts - around 40%. It showed my HP around 40%. Another time I had all my parts repaired for more than 80% and same front castle hit 0hp. And it showed my HP around 14%...

So it just works mysterious way. Or maybe shows random numbers I dunno.

Also... well... ship SHOULD NOT be sinking because of front and back castles. Both part are WAY HIGHER then waterline.

Oh and this front castle is also a joke. I mean it's the whole front part of the ship and it has just 15K hp. While the same part in Brig has 4x6K planks, 40k deck and 4x5K ceilings.

As for me. I really did enjoy this new ship concept, mechanics and high speed handling, and would love to play it more (also Kraken). I already gave it 3 chances this season (yeah, 225 rhinos died from me for that, luckily I found really gr8 place to farm them). So I tested it as much as I could. 

And I WON'T buy one in nearest future. And reason is simple. It's just extremely expensive for maintenance. I mean every time I wanna go fighting, with current patch costs (and whole Ramming galley consist of 135 patches but I need at least 200 for 3-4 good fights), I have to gather MORE wood/ththc/fib than it required to build A BRIG. Every time. It's like today I wanna go SotD hunt - I build a Brig. Tommorow I wanna fight them again - I build another Brig. Etc.

Stupid.

My 176% gathering lumberyard produce that amount of wood in 2 days.

So... we here for testing purposes, and I hope DEVs read all of this and make right decisions. 

Edited by George Catcher