Sign in to follow this  
[*TGC*] Amris

More realistic sailing, sail plans and ships needed

Hey, guys,

it's been 2 years and the game's ship models and sailing engine hasn't been improved at all.

It is high time now. I am about to give up. You have been losing players left and right. That's a dead giveaway  that what you have been coming up with isn't what's needed!

- need working foresails!

- urgently - URGENTLY !!!! - fix your sail angles, damn it. This is getting ridiculous.

- need ability to set the sails so that the ship sails backwards, like any real sailing vessel can!

- need ability to trim sail angle different on the for and aft masts to assist in turning. Again like any real sailing vessel can. None of you ever sailed rl?

- urgently need to replace the NPC motorships!? (ship of the damned) with NPC SAILING ships that actually move with the wind and set their sails accordingly. That this hasn't been reworked yet is becoming ridiculous too!

- need better ship models. Your ships are - be honest: ugly. Sorry, but its the truth. Just look at any - ANY - real rl wooden sailing ship pic!  They all looked much, MUCH better than the things you came up with. Please remodel.

And face it: This isn't just an aesthetical issue. Building and sailing the ships is the CORE OF THE GAME! You need sexy ships so people are attracted to them, not repulsed! It is important!

- I understand where the fortified dock idea comes from but - really ... don't you think it would be more realistic and much better looking to give us easier to handle harbour building parts instead? So we can more easily build real harbours with defendable walls and gates to protect the fleet and infrastructure? I mean - come on: An armored DOCK of all things? That's all you can do to fix the issue?

Now I know you get angry when reading this but get over it and think. You don't have so many chances to save your game left. Time is running. Get a grip on things. Fast.

Thank you.

• Haha 1

Well I don’t agree with this guy. The ships while fairly  basic looks pretty good considering they are user customized. Armored docks were the best thing ever for lawless players and have never seen a historical reference to a sailing ship sailing backwards as a common thing.in extreme cases of being grounded on a reef they could but was not a easy or desired task at all. You can back up in atlas 🤔

Edited by Reeking cannonbait