Sign in to follow this  
rurickjames

Ships of the damned have driven me to stop playing

I'm officially done with Atlas until they unbork the stupid Ships of the Damned.  60% less by butt.  I literally was chased no less than 11  times just trying to get to the next closest island; wasting over an hour of trying to dodge these stupid things only to be killed in the end when one nearly spawned on top of me (yet another thing the patch notes claimed was fixed)

• Like 1

Ghost ships need to be deleted from the game until they find a better implementation for them. Theh should not be a constant thing but rather an event. 

A sloop literally can not 1v1 these things, so whats the point of a sloop even existing in the game. Unless im misunderstanding something. Which is entirely possible; probable even.

Edited by McGimp
  • Like 2

They don't care if you leave now.  They have your money.  And, they believe you will be back.  You said it yourself  You won't be back "until."  In other words, you will be back.   I won't.  We buy early access to enjoy the fruits of being early, only to have it jerked away from you.  Was it too easy to get our big ship?  No.  We busted our butts to get those mats and build that ship.  I don't care if new people have it harder.  Heck, if they don't put the skill tree back to what it was, I wouldn't play it anyway.  I play games to enjoy the content, not have it restricted from me through restrictive skill trees that are designed to lock you out of most of the game play.   So,  I will stick with other games.  Games are about enjoyment.  Not proving yourself, and ARK this game is going to be all about the numbers...the zergs.  Who needs that.  Think it's not about the zergs?  After losing our ship, we thought we would try an unofficial server.  Sorry but no...not on this one.  The freeport is PvP also, so good luck getting a raft our of port.  We were lucky on the first one.  But we finally found what we thought was a safe harbor.  But no, as soon as the others logged off, I was going to try to get a small building made.  Never got that far.  Saw three people appear and spread out and surround me.  I had no chance whatsoever.  They had higher levels, armor, and bows.  I also had a bow, but one person with a bow on a raft is no match for three people who surrounded you.  OK, so I thought I would start over.  Tried 3 times to get a raft out of port.  Idiots allowed building drydocks in that narrow strip of water leading to sea.  First boat got hung up on one of them, and the wind direction would not allow reversing direction.  Literally threading a needle.  So after that, several people would show up and attack every time you tried to get out port.  You couldn't even get away from the dock before they attacked.

Frankly, there are so many more games that are actually enjoyable to play.  This was a nice idea, but no...just no.

24 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Ghost ships need to be deleted from the game until they find a better implementation for them. Theh should not be a constant thing but rather an event. 

A sloop literally can not 1v1 these things, so whats the point of a sloop even existing in the game. Unless im misunderstanding something. Which is entirely possible; probable even.

To me a sloop is just meant for going 1 or two islands over if you don't want to risk anything bigger.

Just now, SoloHan88 said:

To me a sloop is just meant for going 1 or two islands over if you don't want to risk anything bigger.

Thats what i was doing when mine was destroyed by 4 ghost ships i couldnt outrun or put manuveur 

There should only be one ghost ship that appears randomly, and not too frequently, but when it does, you crap bricks and run as best you can, and hope you did this quick enough.  Only those with a fleet of warships would want to take one on.  One ghost ship on the entire map, at the most.  Taking one out would be a feather in the cap of anyone who could do it.  But who cares at this point.  The game is already proving that it is going to be severely toxic.

• Like 1