Sign in to follow this  
drclark80

Why do boxes last longer than bases

I was jus wondering why Atlas feels that random boxes and other player structures like signs need such a long decay timer compared to a players base.. We own an Island in A3 on the PVE server and have had a few companies quit playing long enough for their base to be demolished.. Yet random boxes and structures such as farmhouses have ridiculously long decay timers on them.  Wouldn't it make sense that if they were gone long enough for their base to decay that their owned structures should follow suit.  Anyone else agree with that thought?

It always annoys me when I see an island littered with signs and random boxes that really serve no purpose other than to impede current players from building or navigating the island for no reason 

• Like 2

It seems to me that irrigation systems also have unreasonably long decay timers. I've lost count of the number of times I've run across an abandoned base, and about the only things left were some pipes and water reservoirs, hanging in midair. (It's also funny how there are buildings where all that's remaining are the second story and above, supported by maybe one wall and a foundation, because the ground level was subject to random fights between wild creatures, while the upper stories only have decay.)