Sign in to follow this  
UnearthlyStar

Lost 2 ships to glitches today

So we had a galleon anchored that suddenly glitched onto the land completely and, obviously, destroyed itself after a few minutes. And then just now again a crew mate was sailing in deep water and then suddenly he had no planks and sunk instantly. Now the first I KNOW is a game glitch but the second I'm wondering if it wasn't griefing since unfortunately I'm based next to an absolute dickhead that's been trying to sink my ships for a few days now by overweighting them. :/

In any case, has anyone else seen these issues? Is there a way to avoid them in the future? Or are we just at the mercy of the game and assholes who exploit it?

Over weighting wouldn't remove planks plus you would get the weight warning in the top right corner and see your health go down.. Unless you unknowingly hit a low island? I know i've come across a few while grabbing DP even in quite deep waters. Were you in Tundra and hit a whale perhaps?

I've had a brig clip in low water do a ballet dance twirl, flip upside down and get spat out to sea minus 4 planks. Lived and learnt from that one.

Yeah, it was a stretch but with as much as the company next to me has been griefing me I had to wonder.

But no, there's no chance he hit a shallow. We dived the entire area to salvage his ship and it was at the very least a 15-20 second dive. His ship was fine and then literally sank in place. There was no warning, no notification, no leaking planks. All of his planks had been at full health and then they were all suddenly "gone" with the X icon that denotes a missing plank. ALL of them showed the icons. Oddly enough, the ship at the bottom had all of its planks and they all showed 4k health. Pretty heartbreaking as we'd only just returned from salvaging the poor glitched galleon. 😕 We just can't catch a break tonight.