RedWolfxD

Idea for NPC civilian trade ships

Hi devs, so an idea I had was: it would be great if there was NPC trade ships sailing around, with  civilian NPC's on. These ships the player can attack and board and get booty from.

Like in a real world pirate scenario.

At the moment the only actual "pirating" happening is between players via pvp.  Which is technically pirates pirating other pirates lol

(what isn't really what someone has in mind thinking "ooh a pirate game").

You already have Ghost ships sailing around, which is kinda cool, but not really what pirates want. Maybe keep the ghost ships in Golden grids,

and just skin the others to normal ships. Throw some NPC's on there and make them board-able, and don't put cannons on! These will just be "trading ships" (in concept)

fat with booty, for players to actually pirate!

Then maybe skin some Ghost ships with soldier NPC's and cannons to hunt us pirates haha!

I think that will go a long way to making this game more enjoyable, and giving people something else to do than just pvp grieving each other,

which will lower complaints about that, and making it more attractive for new people to start.

Edited by RedWolfxD
  • Like 1

There are actually. Those with huge wheels as moving force. But... well I'm not sure if you can attack them, and if you go aboard - you'll find the same vendors as in freeport. 

But I mostly agree. The world need to be more alive.

Ok Cool! So they just gotta put some booty on them (like a couple chests with gold and goods/resources) and make them board-able! 

Ooh imagine if you could capture/kidnap the civilians and ransom them for more gold!