DaringClarky

Maelstrom single player nightmare!!

Hey guys. First Post here. Nice to meet you all. 

I need help. 

I was loving single player and been sailing the seas loving life. 

Now the maelstrom update drops and I keep spawning into the sea f6. 

I can't figure out how to respawn on land and I've completely deleted my saves etc and it won't even give you the option to pick a region. 

Online works fine but single player doesn't give the option. 

What can I do? 

Most importantly.. I know this is an early access game but come on.. Do they even play test before they drop updates? 

Can someone help me out? I'm stranded at sea and I'm a constant respawning shark food. 

• Like 1

Hey same thing for me. I decided to try the single player, when the game started timing out on my connecting to official network,

and it also just drops me into the ocean.

I played with the settings and made the creature damage 0 so that I can swim to the nearest island and start from there...but there is no islands 8/

The map shows there should be land, but it's just ocean.

I'm sorry but...what's going on? Isn't the goal to make this game better? Why hasn't this been fixed yet?

I'm starting to get this weird suspicion the developers actually want this game to tank and players to quit, I'm not being sarcastic, things really seem to be going backward. Maybe they just changed their mind on this game, evaluating it and realising the cost and effort to fix it up and bring it out of Early Access is not worth the profit margins, but they don't want to officially "can" the game for fear of backlash and reputation damage in failing to make a game work, or something! So they just slowly breaking the game more and more, under a pretense of working on it and bringing out updates so it looks like they haven't given up? It's just weird.

• Like 1

Hi there new member here. Decided to log in to single player for the first time in a while, deleted my old file, because I had NO idea what I had been doing and felt like starting fresh...at least that was the idea. Upon making a new pathfinder and spawning into the world I found myself in the literal center of the map, which is just ocean forever on every side, so I'm thinking no big deal, I will just lower the settings to ridiculously easy and swim to the nearest island only to find that there is no island there...or the next island and so on and so forth....big ocean of empty with no respawning points...soooooo yeah if someone has a solution or like maybe the devs read this I don't know....but please help!

Edited by ProfessorDub

Go to manage game on the xbox one and delete the reserved data for Atlas. It cleared out all of my save data, but allowed me to spawn on the starter island after creating a new char. 

• Thanks 1