Lethality

Resource Types & Qualities

Ahoy!

So far, I really dig the varied resources out there, and how that many types are usable as a "group" (i.e. Copper and Iron are both "metals")

My question is, is there a benefit or difference in choosing to use one type of metal or another in a crafted item?

Does it affect the quality/rarity? Item stats?

I think they mentioned something in the initial PR blurb about quality of ingredients in food, so perhaps these are systems they are still iterating on.

Any thoughts or theory crafting appreciated!

it does actually matter. if you find a fine quality blueprint, it requires 2 different types of the same materials. like metal, a fine metal sickle requried me to have 21 of two different types of metal. and the ygo up the more you get better. journeyman 3, etc et

10 hours ago, mizunami said:

it does actually matter. if you find a fine quality blueprint, it requires 2 different types of the same materials. like metal, a fine metal sickle requried me to have 21 of two different types of metal. and the ygo up the more you get better. journeyman 3, etc et

this

fact of the matter is that the blueprint only asks for for 2/3/4/etc types of metal fiber hide yadda yadda yadda but it doesn't tell you what types whether tin copper silver ...

and to get that straight: that goes for every blueprint better than common no matter whether it's for a structure a weapon a tool or armor.

that's where it gets kinda (insert your choioce here)

On 12/31/2018 at 5:50 PM, mizunami said:

I don't think that's really the kind of system I was hoping for. 😞

I'd love to see each resource type have properties of its own. That way, if I find iron and you find iron, there's a chance that someone's will have more desierable stats on it, which would translate to stats on the product it was used in crafting.

Star Wars Galaxies, in other words 🙂

On 1/4/2019 at 10:38 PM, Lethality said:

I don't think that's really the kind of system I was hoping for. 😞

I'd love to see each resource type have properties of its own. That way, if I find iron and you find iron, there's a chance that someone's will have more desierable stats on it, which would translate to stats on the product it was used in crafting.

Star Wars Galaxies, in other words 🙂

Yeah, thats not gonna happen in any game anytime soon 🙂 

most of the guys are over working on Crowfall though, thats probably your best hope