Sign in to follow this  
Dochollyhood

Slios and Aggressive creatures

I have been having issues with crew aboard ships anchored at my island dying from lack of food or mutiny from lack of gold, despite the ships being fully anchored, over 100k berries and 4k gold in my silo. Some ships are fine, some are altogether left out, some one side of the ship is taken care of, and others it's random. The same goes for NPCs stationed at defensive structures throughout the island. What gives? I thought the silo was supposed to maintain ALL NPC crew on the island abd aboard ships anchored at the island, ESPECIALLY since my company owns the island.

Another thing I have noticed is that Aggressive creatures (specifically lions and yeti) are entirely too fast for the current server (in)stability. They leap at you cause you to lag and when the client catches up you are dead. While I understand that these creatures are supposed to be dangerous, they should not be a huge concern (unless they're alphas). I shouldn't be worried about losing a level 60 tamed bear to a level 7 lion because I can't use the bear's attack or dismount due to lag and the inability to visually track the creature. Make them slower, or make their damage better scaled according to their level.

Lastly, make pathing better. I understand that the clipping regions for things that can be harvested are non-static and therefore difficult to path around, and adding a clipping buffer region might result in seemingly open paths being closed, but a simple AI logic upgrade that allows the NPC to pass through a clipping border after failing a path check a set number of times would fix this. Then you just give structures like walls and permanent terrain features the ability to cancel that check, turn the NPC around, and have them walk a bit in that direction before circling back and trying a different point of egress. Tames already do this to some extent (although still not well enough). NPC crew on the other hand... just run smack into stuff. Both need improvement.