Sign in to follow this  
Ransurias

Revert or further refine v7.0's skill rebalance

I understand the design philosophy behind wanting players to specialize into certain roles, but the new system is extremely heavy-handed and, frankly, makes no sense from a game design perspective. Players shouldn't be forced to choose between sucking in combat / PvP and not being able to craft anything beyond bare essentials -- it's simply not fun for those who are forced into certain roles for the greater good of the company. Forcing folks to constantly respec to reach certain goals or participate in certain activities in a smaller company is poor game design, pure and simple.

I don't really think this is a controversial opinion among the community -- indeed, you'll find very few people arguing in favor of the new skill rebalance. If specialization is going to be ingrained into this game's design philosophy, why not at least tone it down?

• Like 2

The skill point system is really very disabling for new solitary players. It is very difficult to get out of a port with less than 10 skills. It has become very restrictive to play, besides the port servers never empty.

• Like 1

Agreed. I was very disappointed when seeing some of the new values for skills after the update. It was hard enough trying to figure out what skills were needed ASAP for survival, which ones were useless for our island (farming with no access to fresh water, anyone?), and now we have one person in our 4-man crew who is level 22 because he built the ship, and the rest of us are around 13 because we were gathering resources and didnt want to spec into something that someone else already had. I mean, 8 points for something that's only two options down on the list (iron tools)? Really? Things were hard enough as it was before the "rebalance." Now advancement is darn near impossible, especially with the soft cap that is ghost ships running rampantly through our cluster of islands...one solo player, who just wanted to sail to another island, had almost three days of work from PRE-BALANCE destroyed for no reason, and now it's impossible for them to rebuild in any kind of reasonable time.

TEDIOUSNESS DOES NOT EQUATE FUN, GRAPESHOT!

It takes 30 hours of harvest time for a lone player to hope to leave a starting island. Which is really indigestible.

• Like 1