Sign in to follow this  
grigore dan florin

fucking idiots devs

2 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Dude, no amount of feedback will prevent bad devs from making bad decisions. These complaints have been coming in for two hours. why are the servers still up? The devs knew the power these ships had, why were they released unchecked, meaning why in such high numbers, why in lawless zones, why without a back door to take them out were they deemed to powerful. this is amateur stuff, common sense.

They've addressed some if not most of those issues, if the servers go down people will still complain there is no real winning now days. I will admit that the release of the patch spawning Ships in at such high numbers was pretty crap lol I mean we lost three days worth of solid work in no more then 20 minutes but we knew that things like this would happen, none of us are angry or upset over the matter.

2 minutes ago, Snow_Hound said:

They've addressed some if not most of those issues, if the servers go down people will still complain there is no real winning now days. I will admit that the release of the patch spawning Ships in at such high numbers was pretty crap lol I mean we lost three days worth of solid work in no more then 20 minutes but we knew that things like this would happen, none of us are angry or upset over the matter.

I say again, common sense shit.

patch notes for a patch that will revert nothing do no good to the multitude of players who lost days worth of work and time. You expect bugs and revisions in an early access. you dont expect to be brought back to day one every 2-3 days. And if you are you expect it to be across the board, not just the unlucky few. Trash trash trash. early access though, right guys. that means your money is literally worth nothing, the game devs have literally NO accountability. 

• Like 1

My tin foil hat theory is they released all the ghost ships and knew exactly what would happen.  They did that because they saw how many ships large companies were acquiring.

2-3 Solo players had schooners

Large companies had multiple galleons.  

That was not intended so they released the ghost ships on steroids.   We lost all but one sloop and a schooner.  Out of 3 schooners and 5 sloops.  We are only a group of 20.

/edit:  To add, I'm fine with what happened.  I don't want to see a group of 100 galleons rolling in either.  We will rebuild. Everything will be fine.

Edited by MetalStretcher

5 minutes ago, MetalStretcher said:

My tin foil hat theory is they released all the ghost ships and knew exactly what would happen.  They did that because they saw how many ships large companies were acquiring.

2-3 Solo players had schooners

Large companies had multiple galleons.  

That was not intended so they released the ghost ships on steroids.   We lost all but one sloop and a schooner.  Out of 3 schooners and 5 sloops.  We are only a group of 20.

/edit:  To add, I'm fine with what happened.  I don't want to see a group of 100 galleons rolling in either.  We will rebuild. Everything will be fine.

Im was a solo player for the time being, was just trying to get established. Finally get my sloop together after several hours. Instantly killed. I will not rebuild.

2 hours ago, McGimp said:

Im was a solo player for the time being, was just trying to get established. Finally get my sloop together after several hours. Instantly killed. I will not rebuild.

You wouldn't be rebuilding either if a group with 10 galleons rolled your ass either.  It would have been the same demoralizing effect.  Catch 22 for the dev team. 

The game was always intended for groups.  Here is a scenario that was getting ready to play out:

Solo player/ 2-3 guys together builds a schooner

Large Company rolls up with 10 Galleons.

Solo player quits...not fair to solo players.

Devs make it easier for solo players patch ver 102.69

Solo player/2-3 guys together build a galleon

Company FUCKURMOM rolls up with 100 Galleons

Solo player quits...not fair to solo players.

End result of all three?  Solo player quit.  Company has stayed.  If we are talking dollars and cents the company took the lesser of two evils and stayed true to what they intended for the game.

dev did it on all server what point  of doing it on pve server does not mater of large company rolls up with 10 galleons they just fuck up

2 hours ago, dragonshaman said:

dev did it on all server what point  of doing it on pve server does not mater of large company rolls up with 10 galleons they just fuck up

The whole what's good for the goose is good for the gander.  One bad apple spoils the bunch.  This is why we can't have nice things.

Take your pick.